Asthma Resources for Schools
Asthma Sports Posters
These posters are designed to increase awareness and spark conversations about asthma. They’re designed for schools, community (recreational centers, ice arenas, and athletic sports facilities, etc.) and clinic offices.
Posters are available for download here. Click the image or link below. File types and sizes are displayed following the link.
Managing Asthma in Minnesota Schools
- Minnesota Inhaler Law Overview
- Minnesota Statutes 121A.22: Administration of Drugs and Medicine
- Coach's Asthma Clipboard Program
- Minnesota Guidelines for Medication Administration in Schools - June 2015
- Asthma Education: An Integrated Approach
- School Health Resource Links
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute Asthma Links
- Educational Tools
- Asthma Action Plan
Air Quality Guidance for Schools & Child Care Facilities
The color-coded table provides physical activity recommendations based upon the forecasted level of air pollution, the intensity of the activity, and the duration of the physical activity. The colors on this guidance document are similar to the MPCA AIQ publications. Use of this table by school personnel and child care staff is voluntary.
- Air Quality Guidance for Schools & Child Care Facilities - Color (PDF)
- Air Quality Guidance for Schools & Child Care Facilities - Black/White (PDF)
The following recommendations for alternatives to outdoor activities on days when the air quality is poor were created by a group of health organizations, school officials and the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District (California).
- Characteristics Interests and Program Guidelines (PDF)
- Active Indoor Recess Curriculum - Kindergarten - 6th Grade (PDF)
- Active Indoor Recess Curriculum - 6th Grade - 8th Grade (PDF)