Two Digit Program Code Technical Advisory Group
(Note: No TAG meetings are scheduled at this time)
SBAR and work request forms
• Trisha Schirmers email@example.com 612-262-4719
Charge and mission statement
To assess current state, impacts and Provider/Plan operations while developing best practices for a consistent methodology to accurately gather Prepaid Medical Assistance Plan (PMAP) information needed for various reporting needs of the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Department of Humans services (DHS) and Noridian-Medicare.
Work plan and/or accomplishments
Phase I – completion 2010:
- Develop Best Practice for the Eligibility Inquiry and Response (270/271) and Payment Remittance Advice (835) transactions for reporting of two-digit DHS program code data.
Phase II – completion 2011:
- Develop Best Practice for Information Sharing of claims and encounter Data between Providers/Plans/State and Federal Agencies
- Discuss sources and uses of PMAP claims data to comply with reporting requirements of MDH (Hospital Annual Report (HAR) and Medical Education and Research Costs (MERC)), DHS (Disproportionate Share - Hospitals (DSH)), and Noridian-Medicare (DSH).
- Mapping data flow from the Plans to DHS, to MDH and validation of data against Provider/Minnesota Hospital Association records.
Scope of work
- Best Practices related to claims submission
- Best practices related to eligibility inquiries and responses, and remittance advices (270/271 and 835 )
Work product to be developed
- Map of data flow/needs for PMAP data from Plans to various regulatory reporting agencies
- Procedures for 270/271 and 835 data needs
- Procedures for information sharing of claims and encounter data between provider/plans/state and federal agencies.
Activation or re-activation date: 12/08/2009
Inactivation date: N/A
Back to top