Eligibility Technical Advisory Group
SBAR and work request forms
• Ed Stroot firstname.lastname@example.org 763-847-3323
• Mary Hall email@example.com 952-992-3447
Charge and mission statement of work
Maintain a standard, uniform common companion guide for the eligibility transaction (270/271) (pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 62J.536), covering topics such as:
Identify and document common business best practices related to the Eligibility Inquiry/Response transaction for the Minnesota community.
- Search options
- Rejected transaction reporting
- Loops/segments and data elements
- Usage of situational data elements
Work with Minnesota payers, providers and employers to determine ways to reduce administrative costs within the community through timely, accurate reporting of changes to member coverage.
Work plan and/or accomplishments
Created a standard, uniform common companion guide for the eligibility transaction (270/271) (pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 62J.536).
The TAG will:
- Review work done by CMS, other states, and national organizations.
- Review and provide input on HIPAA Technical Report Type 3 documents, both current and future versions.
- Determine if any data elements are missing, not needed or in need of clarification from the HIPAA Technical Report Type 3 documents.
- Determine the best approach for Minnesota (i.e. Minnesota Companion guide, best practice).
- The companion guide must comply with all applicable Minnesota and federal regulations, including 45 CFR Parts 160, 162, and 164 (HIPAA Administrative Simplification, including adopted federal operating rules) and related ASC X12N and retail pharmacy specifications (ASCX12N and NCPDP implementation specifications);
Work product to be developed
A standard, uniform companion guide entitled, ASCX12/005010X279A1 Health Care Eligibility Benefit Inquiry and Response (270/271).
Eligibility inquiry and response transaction best practices.
The TAG may, at its discretion, establish work groups for additional work as needed.
Activation or re-activation date:
Inactivation date: N/A
Back to top