Health Plan Identifier/Other Entity Identifier Advisory Group
SBAR and work request forms
• Dave Andersen email@example.com 952-992-2038
Charge and mission statement of work
Provide clarification, examples, and recommendations regarding Health Plan Identifier/Other Entity Identifier (HPID/OEID) concept and recently adopted federal rules. Develop best practices, FAQs, and other technical assistance to raise awareness of HPID/OEID and to encourage successful implementation and use of the identifiers.
Work plan and/or accomplishments
Items within the Scope of the TAG are:
- Enumeration approach: Identify and disseminate payer HPID enumeration approach and strategies. Identify any issues with national enumerator (HPOES).
- Enumeration communication: Develop appropriate methods to communicate payer HPID/OEID to providers, clearinghouses, etc. Develop FAQ’s best practice of what payers are doing.
- Enumeration support: Determine how AUC would disseminate information from a payer perspective. Brainstorm enumeration schema or granularity.
- HPID Usage: Identify/recommend potential usages for HPID/OEID outside of mandated use within HIPAA transactions.
- Business Scenarios: Identify potential business scenarios and how they may be resolved when HPID/OEID replaces current payer-id.
- Transaction Usage/Impacts: Identify HPID/OEID usage/population within current HIPAA transactions. Coordinate with affected transaction TAGs.
- Federal Rule updates: Monitor and respond to any changes in federal rules for HPID/OEID through current implementation date of 11/7/2016.
- Testing: Monitor testing dates/schedules between MN payers and providers. Recommend potential testing approaches, etc.
- Implementation: Monitor readiness of payers, providers, clearinghouses, etc. to transmit & accept HPID/OEID. Recommend strategies during “dual use” implementation period. Identify potential implementation issues.
- Conduct MN payer/provider HPID/OEID readiness surveys.
- Industry Monitoring: Monitor and report on HPID/OEID developments and activities at national organizations/forums such as WEDI and AHIP.
Work product to be developed
- FAQs: Develop appropriate FAQs in support of above scope items
- Best Practices: develop appropriate best practices in support of above scope items
Additional sub-work groups to be created/utilized as needed.
Activation or re-activation date: April 25, 2013
Inactivation date: N/A
Back to top