More Publications of Interest on Insurance Coverage
These online publications provide detailed information to help you understand the various types of insurance coverage and
other health coverage that is available. Includes general information on how to buy health insurance or get health coverage:
• Elements of Good Health Insurance Coverage
What’s Good Health Insurance Coverage?
What to Look for and What to Avoid
• Being an Informed, Proactive Policy Holder
Special Worksheet to Help You Evaluate Your Health Insurance Choices
• Know Your Rights
• Insurance Transitions - What They are and How to Navigate Them
• Places to go for more information
Publications and information from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners
Health Insurance: What You Need to Know When Applying for an Individual Health Insurance Policy, February 2008, NAIC Consumer Alert
• What is Private Health Coverage?
• How is Private Health Coverage Delivered
Types of organizations that provide private health coverage, Types of private health plans, Risk Pooling, Underwriting, and Health Coverage
• Regulation of Private Health Coverage
State regulation of health insurance, Federal laws governing health insurance, ERISA, HIPAA, Other federal laws that affect private health insurance
For a print copy call 650-854-9400
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
The Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-profit private operating foundation, based in Menlo Park, California, dedicated to producing and communicating the best possible information, research and analysis on health issues.
• Social Security Disability Determination: A Doorway to Public Benefits When, Where and How to Apply for Social Security Disability Determination
• Medicare for People with Disabilities
An Overview of Medicare Parts A, B, C & D
• Medicaid Coverage for Low-Income People with Disabilities and Others Other Places for People with Disabilities and Their Families to Seek Medical Coverage
• Help is Available for Individuals and Families
• Directory of Medicaid Offices for Every State.
Download to view:
National Endowment for Financial Education
Georgetown University Health Policy Institute
Go to Top of Page
Go to Clearinghouse Home