The process of community engagement often involves integrating practices of preventing discrimination, correcting imbalances, and managing relationships of difference. A multicultural approach is often the most appropriate approach. These tools can help to increase diversity, promote cultural competence, and enhance organizational credibility and effectiveness in your project or program.
The listing below is only a short sample of valuable resources. You may want to check within your own organization for additional internal and external resources.
Community Organizations and Resources
Cultural Competency Resources
- Characteristics of a Culturally Competent Organization
- Cross-Cultural Dialogue Ground Rules
- Moving Along the Cultural Competence Continuum
Civil and Human Rights
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Minnesota Department of Human Rights
- The Leadership Conference