Additional Data Sources for Suicide Trends in Minnesota
- MDH´s Center for Health Statistics tracks suicide data for Minnesota that is officially released every January as part of Minnesota´s Health Statistics Annual Summary.
- The Minnesota Vital Statistics Interactive Queries includes mortality data for both Minnesota and local counties and is available at the Minnesota Department of Health, Health Statistics Portal.
- The Minnesota Student Survey contains information on suicide ideation and suicide attempts among youth in Minnesota. Both county-level and statewide data are available at this Web site.
- The MDH Injury and Violence Prevention Unit (IVPU) can also provide assistance locating data. Contact them at (651) 201-5400 or find staff contact information on their Web site.
- To see how Minnesota compares to the rest of the nation, visit the CDC´s WISQARS Fatal Injury Reports Database.
- Research updates on suicide and suicide prevention are available through the Suicide Prevention Resource Center. Subscribe to their weekly e-newsletter to receive news, updates, and research summaries.