Minnesota's Title V Maternal and Child Health Block Grant
Title V Maternal and Child Health Block Grant - The federal Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Block Grant (administered by the Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB), Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services) is designed to help states ensure the health of all its mother and children, with a special focus on the most vulnerable populations - those that are hard-to-reach, low-income, children with special health care needs and/or racial and ethnic minority populations.
As part of Minnesota's Title V Block Grant activity requirements, the Minnesota Department of Health:
- reports annually to the MCHB on activities and expenditures supported through this grant, progress made on performance measures, and plans for the coming year.
- conducts a statewide needs assessment every five years. The needs assessment provides direction and guidance to Title V activities for the next five years by identifying state maternal and child health priority issues and performance measures that measure state progress and accountability.
Download Minnesota's Title V Fact Sheet: Title V: Facts for Minnesota (PDF: 154 KB/2 pages)
2010 Needs Assessment
Minnesota has completed the 2010 Title V Maternal and Child Health Block Grant needs assessment.
Title V Block Grant Narrative and Forms
- Application for 2011 and Report for 2009 (PDF: 1682KB/135 pages)
- Forms for Application Year 2011 (PDF: 858KB/138 pages)
- Application for 2010 and Report for 2008 (PDF: 1886KB/143 pages)
- Forms for Application Year 2010 (PDF: 703KB/106 pages)
For information concerning the Maternal and Child Health Block Grant data of other states and jurisdiction, go to the Federal Maternal and Child Health Bureau web site (http://mchb.hrsa.gov).
The Title V Information System (TVIS) electronically captures data from annual Title V Block Grant applications and reports submitted by all 59 U.S. States, Territories, and Jurisdictions and provides information on key measures of maternal and child health (MCH) in the United States. The most current Title V MCH Block Grant Application and Annual Report, as well as Minnesota's last needs assessment, can be found at: https://mchdata.hrsa.gov/tvisreports/
- CY 2012 Statistics (PDF: 89KB/9 pages)
- CY 2011 Statistics (PDF: 42KB/9 pages)
- CY 2010 Statistics (PDF: 105KB/9 pages)
- CY 2009 Statistics (PDF: 44KB/9 pages)
- CY 2008 Statistics (PDF: 298KB/9 pages)
- CY 2007 Statistics (PDF: 22KB/4 pages)
- CY 2006 Statistics (PDF: 33KB/4 pages)
- CY 2005 Statistics (PDF: 139KB/5 pages)
- CY 2004 Statistics (PDF: 143KB/5 pages)
- CY 2003 Statistics (PDF: 178KB/6 pages)