A series of three webinars introduces Minnesota local health departments to the county-level indicators on the MDH website (compiled by the Minnesota Center for Health Statistics, or MCHS), and provides training on how to access the data for community health assessments.
1. County-Level Indicators for Community
The first webinar, County-Level Indicators for Community Health Assessments, demonstrates how to use the indicator tables, open each of the data files, select the appropriate county and/or CHB data, and make comparisons across counties.
- Presentation Slides: County-Level Indicators
(PDF: 148KB / 14 pages)
- Go Directly to Data: MCHS: Minnesota County-Level Indicators for Community
[Note: This link will open in a new window.]
2. What do the Data Say?
- Presentation Slides: What do the Data Say?
(PPT: 5.11MB / 38 pages)
- Webinar Recording: What do the Data Say?
► Part 1: Introduction
► Part 2: Example - Marijuana Use Among Teens
► Part 3: Example - Analysis of Teen Birth Rates
► Part 4: Wrap up and Example - Making a Quick Graph
3. Looking for More Answers: Additional Data Sources for Community Health Assessments
- Presentation Slides: Looking for More Answers
(PPT: 3.66MB / 35 pages)
- Webinar Recording: Looking for More Answers
► Part 1: Introduction & Vital Statistics Interactive Queries
► Part 2: Minnesota Public Health Data Access
► Part 3: Climate Change Toolkit & Conclusion