Assessment: Ability to Meet National Standards/Measures
The Office of Performance Improvement (OPI) will assist tribal health departments in assessing their ability to meet PHAB tribal health department accreditation standards. Together, OPI staff and tribal health department staff can meet in person or via phone to review each performance standard, and determine the department's ability to meet the standard.
Tribal health departments can also use information from the self-assessment process to inform strategic plans and quality improvement plans.
Training: Quality Improvement and Technical Assistance
OPI quality improvement consultants provide technical assistance and training:
- Identifying processes and programs that would benefit from quality improvement methods
- Prioritizing QI interventions
- Facilitating QI processes
- Training staff to use QI tools
- More Information: Contact OPI Staff
OPI will generate and provide tribal health departments with documentation to support selected public health accreditation standards. Examples of provided documentation might include:
- Emergency preparedness agreements
- Attendance records and notes from Tribal Health Director meetings
Strategic Planning and General Consultation
Public Health Nurse Consultants (PHNCs) can offer continued support to help promote and maintain a strong public health infrastructure. PHNCs can help with a range of issues, including:
- Public health nursing practice
- Program planning and development
- Building partnerships to support public health outcomes
- Connecting health departments to state and national content experts
PHNCs serve geographically specific areas of Minnesota, and are located throughout the state.
- More Information: Public Health Nurse Consultants
In 2012, PHNCs and other OPI staff can aid in strategic planning at the tribal level. A strategic plan is a prerequisite for applying for accreditation.