ACEs are Common
ACEs are common among Minnesota adults.
Results indicate that ACEs are common among Minnesota adults.
Over half (55 percent) of the Minnesotans responding to ACE module questions reported experiencing at least one ACE in childhood.
The five most common ACEs reported by Minnesotans in the survey are:
- emotional abuse (28 percent)
- living with a problem drinker (24 percent)
- separation or divorce of a parent (21 percent)
- mental illness in the household (17 percent)
- physical abuse (16 percent)