CYSHN Systems Integration Project
The Minnesota CYSHN Program has been awarded a State Implementation Grant to Enhance Systems Integration for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs from the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). Minnesota's grant is entitled the "CYSHN Systems Integration Project."
Goals and Objectives
The goal of Minnesota's Systems Integration Project is to achieve a comprehensive, coordinated, and integrated system of services and supports for CYSHN by:
- Increasing CYSHN stakeholder engagement and partnerships within statewide initiatives.
- Increasing cross-systems integration through providing more effective care coordination services for CYSHN.
- Increasing knowledge of services and supports available through the development of a "shared resource" for providers and families of CYSHN.
Grant Leadership Structure
A leadership structure is in place for the CYSHN Systems Integration Project that includes representation from a variety of stakeholders. At the foundation of this leadership structure is the determination to include parents and family members of CYSHN at as a key partner in all project efforts. The formal leadership structure of the project includes the following:
- CYSHN Stakeholder Workgroup: provides strategic leadership and guides decision-making on the grant goals and objectives.
- CYSHN Parent Workgroup: provides meaningful input on the design, implementation, and evaluation of the project.
- Project Leadership Team: responsible for the coordination of the workgroup meetings and oversees the day-to-day activities of the project.