Information and Resources for
Local Public Health
MEDSS Training Materials
Local Public Health workers must complete the MEDSS self–study training to gain access to MEDSS. Please contact Nicole Brys (email@example.com) to obtain a copy of this training.
- Basic Overview of MEDSS (PDF: 5 pages/306KB)
- Quick Reference of General Tasks in MEDSS (PDF: 7 pages / 829KB)
- Step–by–Step Instructions for Reporting Hearing Loss Follow–up in MEDSS (PDF: 14 pages/609KB)
- Instructions for Creating Hearing Loss Tracking Reports in MEDSS (PDF: 4 pages/207KB)
Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) TrainingLPH Follow–up Manual
Minnesota Parent Roadmap
- Minnesota Parent Roadmap
(PDF: 2 pages/117KB)
Learning about Hearing Loss – A Roadmap for Minnesota Families (From Diagnosis of Permanent Hearing Loss through the First Year).
Also available in:
Spanish (PDF: 4.2MB/2pages)
Hmong (PDF: 4.2MB/2pages)
Somali (PDF: 4.2MB/2pages)
- EHDI Follow-up and HIPAA - Legal analysis to show providers (PDF: 2 pages/48KB)
- Birth Defects Information System and HIPAA (PDF: 2 pages/36KB)
Information from the March 2014 Local Public Health Conference
- If you attended all of the conference sessions you earned 15.3 CEUs.
- Information on interpreters
- Information on Deaf Community Health Workers can be found on the Deaf Community Healthcare Worker website. On that site, there’s a document that talks about reimbursement for Community Healthcare Worker services (PDF). See section on Funding and Policy.
- LPH Key Contact List
- MDH Quality Improvement website (from breakout on Quality Improvement)
- Care Plan Template from Jeanne McAllister - The Lucille Packard Foundation for Children’s Health will issue a brief and guide sometime in May about the work Jeanne referenced. It will include a checklist of what a care plan should include. For now please check out the medicalhomeinfo.org website where there is a medical home toolkit. Jeanne McAllister was the lead author on the toolkit and there are templates in there that she helped to develop.
Materials from March 2014 Local Public Health Conference
- Handout 1 Ten Underlying Principles (PDF: 1 page/56KB)
- Handout 2 Shared Care Planning Index (PDF: 1 page/90KB)
- Handout 3 Workflow Example (PDF: 1 page/54KB)
- For copies of Jeanne W. McAllister's presentation "Shared Care-Planning Using Plans of Care: The Why, How and What" contact Nicole Brys
- October 2014 (PDF: 4 pages/457KB)
- September 2014 (PDF: 3 pages/532KB)
- August 2014 (PDF: 4 pages/155KB)
- July 2014 (PDF: 4 pages/625KB)
|Date Work/Training Completed||Invoice Due Date|
|January 1 to March 31||April 30|
|April 1 to June 30||July 30|
|July 1 to September 30||October 30|
|October 1 to December 31||January 30|