Healthy Families America (HFA): Choosing curriculum and other supports
There are several curriculums that are approved by HFA to use within HFA home visiting programs:
- Growing Great Kids (GGK)
- Partners in Parenting Education (PIPE) offered by How to Read Your Baby
- Parents as Teachers (PAT)
- Partners for a Healthy Baby
Additional Supports for HFA program:
Growing Great Kids (GGK) Tier 2 and 3.
- On-going professional development designed to build home visitor competencies for staff holding Tier 1 GGK Certification.
- Six to eight (6-8) month practice development process for Tier 2 and fifteen (15) month for Tier 3.
- Designed to be supervisor-led.
- Can be added as a component of regular staff meetings.
- Involves facilitated discussion, reading, practice demonstration DVD, individual competency development and intentional focus on specific curriculum components each month, all necessary materials included in supervisor packet provided at Tier 1 training.
- Not required by models or Maternal Infant Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) grants.
- Minnesota is considered a State System by GKI and provides Tier 2 and Tier 3 Certificates through the GGK in-state trainer at MDH. Contact the GGK trainer at MDH for further information.
Parent Survey Case Consultation for Parent Visitors and Supervisors
A certified Parent Survey trainer offers consultation sessions for Minnesota Healthy Families America affiliated programs working in metro and greater Minnesota. These sessions will provide participants with greater knowledge and experience using Parent Survey through:
- Information on inter-rater reliability
- De-identified case scenarios
- Step-by-step survey scoring
- Feedback about scoring at practice sessions
To sign up for log-in information contact: email@example.com