Betty Hubbard Award
Elizabeth (Betty) Hubbard, a longtime advocate for the health needs of mothers and children and an original member of the Maternal and Child Health Advisory Task Force, died in 1989. In 1990, the MCH Advisory Task Force and the Minnesota Department of Health honored her work and her memory by establishing the Annual Betty Hubbard Leadership Award. This award of recognition is presented to individuals or organizations in Minnesota making significant contributions to maternal and child health.
Betty Hubbard Award Nomination Information
The deadline for nominations is Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. CDT.
The MCH Advisory Task Force is pleased to announce the solicitation of nominations for the 2016 Betty Hubbard Maternal and Child Health Leadership Awards. The MCH Advisory Task Force and the Commissioner of Health honor her work and her memory by presenting these awards each year.
Two awards will be presented to individuals or organizations in Minnesota making significant contributions to maternal and child health. The awards will be presented at the December 9, 2016 meeting of the MCH Advisory Task Force.
Nominees are being solicited in two categories:
- Statewide Award: recognizing the nominee's contributions to maternal and child health with outcomes at a statewide level; and
- Community Level Award: recognizing contributions to maternal and child health with outcomes that impact an entire community or a targeted population within a community.
- Nominations should be completed on the Betty Hubbard Leadership Award nomination form. (Please do not submit the nominee's resume or curriculum vitae.)
- Include 2-4 letters of support from the nominee's colleagues and service recipients.
- Submit nominations by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 26, 2017 to Judy Edwards at: email@example.com or mail to:
Maternal and Child Health Section
Minnesota Department of Health
Suite 200, Golden Rule Building
P.O. Box 64882
St. Paul, MN 55164-0882
About the Award
- Betty Hubbard Award Recipients: A list of the past award recipients and their achievements.
- Who was Betty Hubbard: A brief profile that describes Betty Hubbard and her work.
If you have any questions about the Betty Hubbard MCH Leadership Awards or the MCH Advisory Task Force, please contact Judy Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.