"Make a Date" Campaign - Tell Us Your Story
Parents, guardians and caring adults - share your story of a time when your child asked you about the birds and the bees, and/or you had an open and honest conversation about relationships and sexuality. How did you handle it? What would've made it easier? What was great about it? Share your story as part of our #MakeaDate campaign for a chance to win an age-appropriate book about having these conversations.
Your story may be used publicly.
The Minnesota Department of Health will choose stories about the value of having open and honest conversations about sexuality with children to be included on our Let's Talk Month webpage and social media channels in the future. If your story is chosen, a representative of our child and adolescent health program will contact you for final approval before your story is posted. If you have any questions about how your story will be used, contact email@example.com.
- October 14th - Let's Talk! Parents and Youth Connect about Sexuality
- October 19th - "Parent Toolkit" Workshop
- 10 Tips for Talking About the Facts of Life (PDF) - Advocates for Youth
- Communication Tips and Messages Worth Repeating - Advocates for Youth
- Tips and Scripts for Talking to Your Kids about Relationships (PDF) - The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
- Reproductive Health: Tips for Talking to Teens - Office of Adolescent Health
- Parent-Child Communication: Raising Sexually Healthy Youth (PDF) - Advocates for Youth
- Are You an Askable Parent? (PDF) - Advocates for Youth
- Recommended Reading List - It's That Easy
- Sexuality for All Abilities
- How to Talk to your Kids about Sex-Sexuality for All Abilities (Youtube Video)