Questionnaires – PRAMS
MN PRAMS questionnaire for mothers
- Minnesota PRAMS Questionnaire Phase 6, 2008-2011 (PDF)
- Minnesota PRAMS Questionnaire Phase 7, 2012-2015 (PDF)
What's in the questionnaire?
The PRAMS (Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System) questionnaire consists of a core component used by all PRAMS states and a state–specific component. The core portion of the questionnaire includes questions about the following:
- Attitudes and feelings about the most recent pregnancy
- Content and source of prenatal care
- Maternal alcohol and tobacco consumption
- Physical abuse before and during pregnancy
- Pregnancy–related morbidity
- Infant health care
- Contraceptive use
- Mother´s knowledge of pregnancy–related health issues, such as adverse effects of tobacco and alcohol; benefits of folic acid; and risks of HIV
The state specific questions on the questionnaire are chosen from a pretested list of standard questions developed by the CDC or by states on their own. As a result, each state's PRAMS questionnaire is unique. The Minnesota PRAMS Questionnaire Phase 7, 2012 - 2015 (PDF) is the most current survey response PRAMS data available for Minnesota.
The PRAMS survey questionnaire is revised periodically (Phase 4, 5, 6 and 7), and some items are changed with each new phase.
To learn more about PRAMS CDC´s questionnaires, visit the CDC´s PRAMS Questionnaires website.