Minnesota awarded PREP funding in 2013 to seven sub-awardees including non-profit community-based youth-serving organizations, clinics serving teens, other related organizations and an alternative school.
The MN PREP sub-awardees serve male and female youth in the following target populations:
- Juvenile Justice System
- Area Learning Centers (ALC)
- In or aging out of foster care
- Runaway and homeless
- Mothers and fathers who are under 21 years of age
- Gay Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender Questioning/Queer (GLBTQ)
- American Indians
- Culturally underrepresented
- Out of school
- At risk of being trafficked for commercial sexual exploitation
- Residing in areas of high teen birth rates
MN PREP funded sub-awardees serving youth in Hennepin, Ramsey and Beltrami counties. The three counties are among the top 25 counties with the highest rates in teen pregnancies.