- Prenatal to Three Draft Recommendations, June 2014 (PDF)
- Healthy Start for All Minnesota Children, 2014 (PDF)
- The Earliest Opportunities Matter, 2014 (PDF)
- Prenatal to Age Three Framework, 2014 (PDF)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences in Minnesota: Findings and Recommendations Based on the 2011 Minnesota Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, Minnesota Department of Health (PDF)
This report marks the first time that the Minnesota Department of Health has collected data regarding the effects of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) on the lifelong health and well-being of adults in Minnesota. An extensive body of research documents that adverse childhood experiences (ACEs)-those causing toxic levels of stress or trauma before age 18-are specifically linked to poor physical and mental health, chronic disease, lower educational achievement, lower economic success, and impaired social success in adulthood.