Autism Spectrum Disorder Task Force
The Autism Spectrum Disorder Task Force was created by the Minnesota Legislature in 2009 to develop recommendations and report on the following topics:
- Ways to improve services provided by all state and political subdivisions.
- Sources of public and private funding available for treatment and ways to improve efficiency in the use of these funds.
- Methods to improve coordination in the delivery of service between public and private agencies, health providers, and schools, and to address any geographic discrepancies in the delivery of services.
- Increasing the availability of and the training for medical providers and educators who identify and provide services to individuals with ASD.
- Treatment options supported by peer–reviewed, established scientific research for individuals with ASD.