Developmental and social-emotional screening of young children (0-5 years of age) in Minnesota
The Minnesota Departments of Health (MDH), Education (MDE), and Human Services (DHS) periodically offer trainings for programs and staff that provide developmental and social-emotional screening services for Minnesota children.
Training resources and materials
Training Toolkit: Developmental and Social-Emotional Screening and Referral
This is a training curriculum resource for Minnesota's public screening programs to provide staff training on early childhood developmental and social-emotional screening, referral, and linkage to services. Refer to Instructions for more information.
- Instructions (PDF)
- Slides (PowerPoint, with notes)
- Accessible Notes - content from notes section of PowerPoint slides (Word)
- C&TC E-Learning trainings
- Child and Teen Checkups Modules on Hearing, Vision and Developmental and Social-emotional Screening for Clinics
- Other web-based trainings will be posted as available.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE) full-day, partial-day in-person trainings or webinars are available periodically through MDH's Maternal Child Health Section. For current training listings, refer to the MDH's learning management system.
- Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) in-person or web-based trainings are available statewide. To make a request for a C&TC training or to view training descriptions, refer to the C&TC Training Information webpage.