Developmental and social-emotional screening of young children (0-5 years of age) in Minnesota
The Minnesota Departments of Health, Education, and Human Services periodically offer general trainings on developmental and social-emotional screening of children, along with trainings on specific recommended screening instruments.
Please revisit this page frequently as we will add new trainings as they are available. These trainings are for programs and staff that provide developmental and social-emotional screening services for Minnesota children.
Training resources and materials
Training Toolkit: Developmental and Social-Emotional Screening and Referral
This is a training curriculum resource for Minnesota's public screening programs to provide staff training on early childhood developmental and social-emotional screening, referral, and linkage to services. Refer to Instructions for more information.
- Instructions (PDF)
- Slides (PowerPoint, with notes)
- Accessible Notes - content from notes section of PowerPoint slides (Word)
- C&TC E-Learning trainings
- Children's Mental Health Screening for Child Welfare and Juvenile Justice Staff
- Child and Teen Checkups Modules on Hearing, Vision and Developmental and Social-emotional Screening for Clinics
- Other web-based trainings will be posted as available.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE) full-day, in-person trainings are available periodically through MDH's Maternal Child Health Section. For current training listings, refer to the MDH MCH Education and Training website.
- Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) in-person trainings are available statewide. To make an online request for a C&TC training or to view training descriptions, go to the C&TC Training Information webpage.