Annual Calibration Process for Hearing Screening Equipment: Audiometers, Tympanometers, and Otoacoustic Emissions (OEAE)
Annual calibration of hearing screening equipment is recommended by the U.S. Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Minnesota Department of Health. Different factors such as age of the machine, frequency of use, exposure to extreme temperatures, and handling and storage of the machine can cause the instruments to become non-compliant to specifications set forth by the American National Standard Specification for Audiometers (ANSI). Annual calibration ensures the accuracy of the machine's readings.
2018 Annual Calibration Instructions
** PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED **
Follow the steps below to have machines calibrated.
- Step 1: Review calibration site locations
Calibration services have been scheduled in eleven regions throughout the state of Minnesota. Select the site that is convenient to your program, either for dates or location. For each site listed, you will find:
- a site name, address and contact person at the site
- name of the vendor or agency who will provide the service
- dates/times for dropping-off the equipment, for servicing the equipment, and for picking-up the equipment.
- Step 2: Pre-register with the vendor for the site selected.
Vendor names, prices, and contact information; complete the registration form and fax or email to the vendor for the site selected.
- Step 3: Complete an equipment label for each piece of equipment
Enclose a copy of the completed equipment label into the case of each machine.
- Step 4: Deliver and pick-up the equipment at the date and times for the site selected.
If you have any questions regarding the calibration process, site location, drop-off or pick-up dates and times, contact the vendor in charge of your location choice.
If you do not have access to the Internet or need any other accommodations, please contact MDH (651-201-3760 or firstname.lastname@example.org)