Health Equity Reports and Publications
Advancing Health Equity
A statewide health assessment shows that not all people in Minnesota have the same chance to be healthy. People of color, American Indians, people with disabilities, people living in poverty, and members of the LGBTQ community have less opportunity for health and experience worse health outcomes in Minnesota.
In 2013, the Minnesota Legislature directed MDH and its partners to complete a report about advancing health equity in Minnesota. The Advancing Health Equity in Minnesota: Report to the Legislature was submitted to the Minnesota Legislature on Friday, January 31, 2014. This report assesses Minnesota’s health disparities and recommends best practices, policies, processes, data strategies, and other steps to promote health equity for all Minnesotans.
- Advancing Health Equity in Minnesota: Report to the Legislature, 2014 (PDF)
- Executive Summary (PDF)
- Formal Feedback: (PDF): This document is a compilation of the feedback that many people and organizations provided on the draft of the AHE in Minnesota Legislative report. Note that many of the specific comments refer to the draft of the report, not the final version.
- Presentation to the Legislature 2014
- Evaluation and Recommendations for Emergency Communication Strategies to Reach Limited English Proficient Populations (PDF)
- Eliminating Health Disparities Initiative - Report to the Legislature 2016 (PDF)
- Eliminating Health Disparities Initiative - Report to the Legislature 2013 (PDF)
- Eliminating Health Disparities Initiative - Report to the Legislature 2013 - Appendices (PDF)
- Eliminating Health Disparities Initiative - Report to the Legislature 2011 (PDF)
EHDI Grant Program
- Collection of Racial/ Ethnic Health Data by the Minnesota Departments of Health and Human Services (PDF)
- Disparities in Infant Mortality
- Racial and Ethnic Health Reports (Minnesota Center for Health Statistics)
- A Guide to Conducting a Health Equity Data Analysis (HEDA - Minnesota Center for Health Statistics)