Instructions for courts: How to request a replacement birth record after an adjudication

Replacement birth record after an adjudication

Instructions for court administrators and child support

Complete the Certificate of Adjudication (PDF). If information is missing or does not match the birth record, the document will be returned. The Office of Vital Records does not process Certificates of Adjudication without the filing fee.

  • Complete all of the form fields on the Certificate of Adjudication.
  • The name of the child on the Certificate of Adjudication must match the name on the birth record exactly.
  • Enclose the $40 fee for creating the replacement record.
  • Send the Certificate of Adjudication only. Do not send the adjudication order or decree.
  • Mail completed Certificate of Adjudication and fee to:

    Minnesota Department of Health
    Central Cashiering - Vital Records
    P.O. Box 64499
    St. Paul, Minnesota 55164-0499

Updated 06.28.10 Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 07:42AM