Recognition of Parentage Request Form

Recognition of Parentage Request Form

How to Request Certified Copies of Paternity Documents

Please complete the Application for Certified Recognition of Parentage, Spouse's Non-parentage Statement, or Revocation Form (PDF) to request a certified copy of a Recognition of Parentage (ROP), Declaration of Parentage (DOP), Spouse's Non-parentage Statement (SNPS), or Husband's Non-paternity Statement (HNPS) form, or the respective revocation forms filed with the Office of Vital Records.

The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Office of Vital Records (OVR) charges a $9 fee for the administrative review and processing of requests for certified vital records or certifications that the vital record cannot be found, as set down in law. Payment must accompany requests. The fee is payable at the time of application and is nonrefundable. OVR will no longer invoice child support offices.

The Recognition of Parentage program began in 1994. Parents may have completed a Declaration of Parentage (DOP) form for births that occurred before August 1, 1995; access data available to you through the Minnesota child support system. If you still need to verify whether an ROP or DOP is on file, you must request a certified copy of the ROP or DOP.

In addition to the $9 administrative review and processing fee, child support representatives may select rush processing ($20 expedite fee) and/or overnight shipping ($16 shipping fee). Most requests are fulfilled within a few days of receipt, although the availability of OVR staff affects processing time.

Contact OVR should you have questions or need more information at: or 651-201-5990.

Statutory Authority:

Minnesota Statutes, section 144.226, subdivision 1, paragraph (a)