Minnesota Registration & Certification System
The Minnesota Registration and Certification (MR&C) System is a statewide, web-based registration and issuance system. It allows authorized individuals to enter, maintain and use birth and death data while improving data quality and ensuring data confidentiality.
MR&C User Application and Maintenance
Funeral Directors and funeral home staff must be authorized users of MR&C to complete fact of death information in MR&C.
Complete the MR&C Funeral Director or FH Staff User Application & Agreement (PDF) and either scan and email it to health.MRCAdmin@state.mn.us or fax it to 651-201-5750. Keep the original form for your records.
If a staff member is no longer using MR&C or has left employment at your establishment, email or fax a change or deletion request to OVR.
General MR&C Information
Registering a Death in MR&C
- Enter Fact of Death (PDF)
- Cremation Authorization Process (PDF)
- Print Disposition Permit (PDF)
- Issue Disinterment Permit (PDF)
- Correct a Death Record (PDF)
Requesting Death Certificates in MR&C
- Request Death Certificate from Finalize Filing page (PDF)
- Request Death Certificate Using Search Death Record (PDF)
- Void or Modify Pending Death Certificate Request (PDF)