Information for Local Issuance Offices
It is the responsibility of the State Registrar to maintain a statewide system of vital statistics, including the electronic registration and certification of all births and deaths that occur in Minnesota according to Minnesota Statutes, sections 144.211-144.227, and Minnesota Rules, chapter 4601.
This website is dedicated to providing information to local issuance offices about vital records in Minnesota.
What's New?2013 Local Issuance Office Training Materials
- Introduction (PPT: 109KB/9 slides)
- Minnesota Statutes: 2013 Changes Affecting Vital Records (PPT: 1.3MB/21 slides)
- Security Paper Handling (PPT: 918KB/11 slides)
- Tangible Interest and Acceptable I.D. (PPT: 2.5MB/26 slides)
- Amending a Death Record (PDF: 303KB/1 page)
- Processing a Funeral Home Request to Amend a Death Record (PDF: 17KB/1 page)
- Local Issuance Office Evaluation (PDF: 30KB/1 page)
- 2013 Vital Records Manual (PDF: 1.4MB/85 pages)