Marriage certificates and divorce decrees - MDH

Marriage Certificates and Divorce Decrees

The Minnesota Office of Vital Records does not record marriages or divorces.

Copies of certificates of marriage are available from the county that issued the marriage license, and divorce decrees are available from the county that granted the divorce.

Search for marriage records on the Minnesota Official Marriage System (MOMS) website. MOMS is a collaboration of Minnesota Local Vital Record Registrars.