Minnesota Registration & Certification System (MR&C)
The Minnesota Registration & Certification System (MR&C), is a statewide, web-based registration and issuance system. Authorized individuals enter, maintain, and use birth and death data, while system checks help improve data quality and ensure data security.
Medical certifiers (physicians, advanced practice registered nurses, physician assistants, coroners, or medical examiners) and their designated staff (proxies) must be authorized users of MR&C to enter cause of death information.
To become a user, complete the Medical Certifier and Designated Staff User Agreement (PDF) and return it to the Office of Vital Records (instructions are on the form).
New users receive MR&C log in information by email after the Office of Vital Records (OVR) creates the user account.
Please notify OVR at health.MRCAdmin@state.mn.us when you:
- Change health care facilities
- Change health care systems
- Change your name
- Don't work with MR&C any longer
- Instructions for Completing the Cause-of-Death Section of the Death Certificate (PDF)
- Physicians' Handbook on Medical Certification of Death (PDF)
- National Association of Medical Examiners
- Death Certification