Minnesota Registration & Certification System (MR&C)
Minnesota Registration & Certification (MR&C) is a statewide, web-based registration and issuance system. Authorized individuals enter, maintain and use birth and death data while improving data quality and ensuring data security.
Physicians and their designated staff need to be authorized users of MR&C to enter cause of death information.
To become a user complete the MD_ME_Coroner and Designated Staff User Application & Agreement (Interactive PDF: 387KB/1 page) and either scan and email it to health.MRCAdmin@state.mn.us, or fax it to 651-201-5750.
Keep the original form. Scan or email the form to report changes to contact information, or that a user is no longer with the health care facility.
General MR&C information
- Correct a death record (PDF: 111KB/1 page)
- Manage contact information (PDF: 82KB/1 page)
- Set up secret question option to manage password (PDF: 85KB/1 page)
- Reset forgotten password (PDF: 156KB/1 page)
MR&C information for physicians and staff assistants
- Enter cause and manner of death (brief) (PDF: 109KB/1 page)
- Enter cause and manner of death (detailed) (PDF: 866KB/3 pages)
- Print death worksheet (PDF: 105KB/1 page)
- Quick start guide physician staff assistant (PDF: 119KB/2 pages)
- Reassign medical certifier (PDF: 83KB/1 page)