Requesting a Record or a Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth
Minnesota Statutes 2005, section 144.2151, allow for the filing of a record of birth, resulting in stillbirth if a fetal death report has been filed according to Minnesota Statutes, section 144.222.
To request filing of a record of birth resulting in stillbirth and request a certificate:
1) Complete the "Minnesota Application to File a Record and Request a Certificate for a Birth Resulting In Stillbirth."
2) Provide additional applications or documentation as indicated on the application.
3) Complete the "Fee worksheet for a birth resulting in stillbirth records and certificates" if you are requesting certificates. There is no fee to file the record for a birth resulting in stillbirth if the fetal death occurred within the last year, unless you request a certificate. There is a $40 fee to file the record for birth resulting in stillbirth if the fetal death occurred more than one year ago.
4) The fee worksheet is not required but you may wish to print and complete the fee worksheet to ensure enclosure of the required fees.
5) Submit completed applications, fees, and any documentation required to:
Minnesota Department of Health
Central Cashiering - Vital Records
P.O. Box 64499
St. Paul, Minnesota 55164-0499
Fax information is provided on the fee worksheet. Please note that documentation may not be faxed.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com