Climate and Health
Changes occurring in Minnesota’s climate are affecting our health and wellbeing and will have even greater impacts in the future. The Minnesota Climate & Health Program is helping to understand these impacts and prepare local public health and the public for the health risks.
The Minnesota Climate & Health Program is part of a nation-wide effort, funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, to anticipate, prepare for, and respond to health impacts from climate change. A video, produced for the 2016 National Environmental Health Association annual conference, highlights this collaboration and Minnesota-specific work.
The first statewide report from MDH assessing the impacts of climate change on health: Minnesota Climate and Health Profile Report 2015 (PDF).
- How climate change is impacting MN.
- Effects of changes in precipitation.
- Climate change impacts on diseases spread by ticks and mosquitoes.
- Climate change impacts on sense of place, disasters, and loss.
- Watch the video and find resources for teachers.