Climate and Health
Changes occurring in Minnesota’s climate are affecting our health and well-being and will have even greater impacts in the future. The MN Climate and Health Program is helping to understand these impacts and prepare local public health and the public for the health risks.
NEW The MN Climate and Health Program is part of a nation-wide effort, funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, to anticipate, prepare for, and respond to health impacts from climate change. A new video, produced for the 2016 National Environmental Health Association annual conference, highlights this collaboration and Minnesota-specific work.
The first statewide report from MDH assessing the impacts of climate change on health: Minnesota Climate and Health Profile Report 2015.
- How climate change is impacting MN.
- Effects of changes in precipitation.
- Climate change impacts on vector-borne diseases.
- Climate change impacts on sense of place, disasters, and loss.
- Watch the video and find resources for teachers.