Because Minnesota has over 11,000 lakes, there is no single list of public beaches and recreational waters. Local jurisdictions with known beach monitoring programs are listed below.
- City of Burnsville – Beach Testing
- Dakota County Parks – Schulze Lake Beach
- Dakota County Parks – Lake Byllesby Beach
- Hennepin County Public Health – Public Swimming Beaches
- Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board – Beach Water Resources
- City of Minnetonka – Public Beaches
- City of Bloomington – Bush Lake Beach
- Three Rivers Park District – Swimming
- Find a Local Health Department or Community Health Board
Contact your local county or city health department for more information about local monitoring programs.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Lake surveys, lake depth maps, lake water quality data, lake water clarity data, lake notes, and fish consumption advice for more than 4,500 Minnesota lakes and rivers.