Welcome to County Well Index Online
County Well Index (CWI) Online is a web-based version of the CWI data system developed by the Minnesota Geological Survey (MGS) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) for the storage, retrieval, and editing of water-well information.
The CWI database contains basic information, such as location, depth, and static water level, for wells drilled in Minnesota. The database contains construction and geological information from the well record (well log) for many wells. CWI Online also provides mapping of wells onto aerial photos, allowing users to visually identify well locations.
|ATTENTION: CWI Online Uses Popups
You must disable ALL your browser's popup blockers before using the CWI application.
There may be more than one pop-up blocker being used by your browser. Any added toolbar(s) could have a pop-up blocker.
See: MN CWI Online Help
Click on the Globe
To successfully use CWI Online, please note the following:
- Due to security concerns, wells supplying public water systems are not displayed in CWI Online. If you need to access this information, contact Brian Johnson at 651-201-4688.
- Recommended web browsers for this application are: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 (or higher), Netscape 4.7, 6.1 (or higher), Mozilla 1.3 (or higher).
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024 by 768 is needed for proper display. Resolution of 1280 by 1024 or higher is recommended.
- Resizing the CWI Online viewer will reload the application. Avoid resizing once you have begun a search in the application.
- CWI Online does not support the use of "Back" or "Forward" buttons. Instead, use buttons within the application to access CWI Online Help or CWI Online Welcome Page.
- The application uses web mapping and therefore may be slow to load, depending on your connection speed. Please be patient.
- Detailed information about how to use the CWI application:
CWI Online Help
Go to > top