Draft Proposed Rule Language
Minnesota Food Code Rule Revision
The Side by Side documents contain the current Minnesota Food Code language (Minnesota Rules Chapter 4626) and the most recent Revisor's version of the draft proposed revision language. Also the middle column lists the codes for the basic changes made to each rule section.
Side by Side:
- New definitions are inserted into the rule draft in alphabetical order.
- The definitions are not renumbered with 1,2,3,4,5,etc.
- The definitions are numbered/lettered to fit; such as 1a, 15c, 37f.
Additional tips for reviewing a draft rule:
- The hierarchy for sections of rule is: part, subpart (will not be used in the Food Code, except in the definitions), item, subitem, unit and subunit.
- Does it make sense....if you can't understand what is required please suggest clearer wording.
- Suspect missing section...check the repealers list at the end of the draft rule.
- All of the current critical and noncritical designations (* or N) should be crossed out, however the cross-out lines are hard to see. If you find a "*" or "N" that does not appear to be crossed out, please let us know.
Required Minnesota Rule Language
|Intention||Animate object||Word of use||Example||Inanimate object||Word of use||Example|
|Legal requirement; MUST Do; no options other than a variance||Person, group of people, corporation||SHALL||The owner shall submit plans to MDH.||Food establishment, plans, equipment, food||MUST||The raw animal food must be cooked to a temperature of...|
|Allows discretion||Person, group of people, corporation||MAY||The owner may propose and use any of the following methods to avoid bare hand contact...||Food establishment, plans, equipment, food||MAY||The oatmeal may be served in any type of container.|
Please use the form below to submit comments, corrections and questions:
- Proposed Draft Food Code Language Form
The full version draft is open for comment until further notice. When a comment deadline date is established it will be posted here.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Linda Prail, Rule Coordinator