Draft Proposed Rule Language
Minnesota Food Code Rule Revision
- New definitions are inserted into the rule draft in alphabetical order.
- The definitions are not renumbered with 1,2,3,4,5,etc.
- The definitions are numbered/lettered to fit; such as 1a, 15c, 37f.
Additional tips for reviewing a draft rule:
- The hierarchy for sections of rule is: part, subpart (will not be used in the Food Code, except in the definitions), item, subitem, unit and subunit.
- Does it make sense....if you can't understand what is required please suggest clearer wording.
- Suspect missing section...check the repealers list at the end of the draft rule.
- All of the current critical and noncritical designations (* or N) should be crossed out, however the cross-out lines are hard to see. If you find a "*" or "N" that does not appear to be crossed out, please let us know.
Required Minnesota Rule Language
|Intention||Animate object||Word of use||Example||Inanimate object||Word of use||Example|
|Legal requirement; MUST Do; no options other than a variance||Person, group of people, corporation||SHALL||The owner shall submit plans to MDH.||Food establishment, plans, equipment, food||MUST||The raw animal food must be cooked to a temperature of...|
|Allows discretion||Person, group of people, corporation||MAY||The owner may propose and use any of the following methods to avoid bare hand contact...||Food establishment, plans, equipment, food||MAY||The oatmeal may be served in any type of container.|
Please use the form below to submit comments, corrections and questions:
- Proposed Draft Food Code Language Form
The full version draft is open for comment until further notice. When a comment deadline date is established it will be posted here.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Linda Prail, Rule Coordinator