Minnesota Food Code Rule Revision
The Office of the Revisor of Statutes is working on the first draft of the revised rule language that we submitted to it.
- The revision of the Minnesota Food Code has taken longer than expected. The major reason for the longer time period has been competing priorities at The Office of the Revisor of Statutes. This office must work on legislative bills and governor-signed bills before being able to work on agency rules. The Office has been under staffed.
- Wild Mushroom Advisory Workgroup
View " Wild Mushroom Advisory Workgroup Report"
- Management and Personnel
- Food Characteristics, Protection from Contamination, Destroying Organisms, Food Identity, and Contaminated Food
- Equipment, Utensils, and Linens
- Water, Plumbing, and Waste
- Physical Facilities
- Poisonous or Toxic Materials
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Temporary and Portable Food Establishments
- Food Manager Certification
- Other related items that may surface during the rulemaking process as time permits
The Minnesota Departments of Health and Agriculture have begun the process to revise the Minnesota Food Code (Code), Minnesota Rules, Chapter 4626. The departments are considering rule amendments that would bring the Code up to date and in substantial conformance with the 2009 Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Model Food Code.
Possible food safety and sanitation subject matter to be considered during this rulemaking may include, but is not limited to, the following areas:
|local units of government||children and youth camps|
|restaurant owners and managers||special event and mass gathering sponsors|
|food service and retail food workers and food handlers||hospitals|
|grocery stores||assisted living facilities|
|bakeries||board and care homes|
|convenience stores||food protection manager certification trainers|
|caterers and catering companies||day care centers and homes|
|food processing and packaging manufacturers||community-based facilities that prepare or serve food|
|meat processors||motels, hotels and bed and breakfast establishments|
|vending machine owners and operators||lodging and boarding houses|
|other entities that prepare or sell food to the public|
Go to > top
For questions about this page, contact us at email@example.com or 651-201-4500.