Hazardous Sites and Substances
Site Assessment and Consultation Unit
The Site Assessment and Consultation (SAC) Unit in the Environmental Health Division of the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) is charged with preventing or reducing exposures to releases of toxic substances.
- Reporting Concerns
- Evaluation Information
- Site Specific Information
- Toxic Free Kids Act Information
SAC contributes to MDH's mission by conducting public health activities related to contaminant releases, including:
- Evaluating public health exposures to chemicals and making recommendations for reducing exposures to contaminants from hazardous waste sites, landfills, dumps, industrial facilities, and other sites where hazardous materials are released.
- Responding to citizens who petition ATSDR (U.S. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry) for a health assessment.
- Providing guidelines and advice to maximize health benefits of eating fish and for eating fish low in contaminants.
- Providing community and professional public health education.
- Reviewing and responding to health concerns related to exposures to environmental contaminants.