Hazardous Sites and Substances
The Site Assessment and Consultation (SAC) Unit is charged with preventing or reducing exposures to releases of toxic substances.
- Reporting Concerns
- Evaluation Information
- Site Specific Information
- Toxic Free Kids Act Information
SAC contributes to MDH's mission by conducting public health activities related to contaminant releases, including:
- Evaluating public health exposures to chemicals and making recommendations for reducing exposures to contaminants from hazardous waste sites, landfills, dumps, industrial facilities, and other sites where hazardous materials are released.
- Responding to citizens who petition ATSDR (U.S. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry) for a health assessment.
- Providing guidelines and advice to maximize health benefits of eating fish and for eating fish low in contaminants.
- Providing community and professional public health education.
- Reviewing and responding to health concerns related to exposures to environmental contaminants.