Healthy Housing Grants
The Minnesota Department of Health Lead and Healthy Homes Program (LHHP) is announcing the availability of healthy housing grants for the 2017-2020 grant period. The Healthy Housing Grants are intended to provide funding to perform activities related to housing-based health threats, including:
- Implementing and maintaining primary prevention programs to reduce housing-based health threats that include the following:
- Providing education materials to the general public and to property owners, contractors, code officials, and other persons and organizations engaged in housing and health issues.
- Promoting awareness of community, legal, and housing resources.
- Promoting the use of hazard reduction measures in new housing construction and housing rehabilitation programs
- Providing training on identifying and addressing housing-based health threats.
- Providing technical assistance on the implementation of mitigation measures.
- Promoting the adoption of evidence-based best practices for mitigation of housing-based health threats.
- Developing work practices for addressing specific housing-based health threats.
- Identifying, characterizing, and mitigating hazards in housing that contribute to adverse health outcomes.
- Ensuring screening services and other secondary prevention measures are provided to populations at high risk for housing-related health threats.
- Promoting compliance with Department of Health guidelines and other best practices, as identified by the commissioner, for preventing or reducing housing-based health threats.
- Establishing local or regional collaborative groups to ensure that resources for addressing housing-based health threats are coordinated.
- Developing model programs for addressing housing-based health threats.
The total amount of the grant funding for the entire grant period (December 1, 2017–June 30, 2020) is $720,000. This will be distributed to grantees at amounts up to $120,000 per grantee total, over three years. The grant funds are dependent upon the appropriation of funds by the state legislature to the Department of Health. Any awarding of final grant agreements as a result of this RFP process is subject to final approval by the Commissioner of Health.
Applicants must complete the Healthy Housing Grant Application (PDF). Additional instructions are provided in the Healthy Housing Grant RFP (PDF) and the Healthy Housing Grant Application. Applications must be submitted by email to Katie Haugen at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 P.M. Central Standard Time, Friday, October 13, 2017.
All questions about this RFP must be submitted by email before Tuesday, October 10, 2017 to the designated MDH contact: Katie Haugen at email@example.com.