Radon in Minnesota Homes - EH: Minnesota Department of Health

Financial Assistance for Radon

Low Income Mitigation Assistance

US Department of Housing and Urban Development - HUD "203k" Program
  • Loan programs are provided by some local lenders, mortgage companies or banks
  • Funds rehabilitation and repair of single-family homes

Rural Repair and Rehabilitation Loans and Grants

  • Provides loans and grants to very low-income homeowners to repair, improve or modernize their homes or to remove health and safety hazards.

Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA)

  • The Fix-Up Fund, for homeowners looking to make improvements on the their homes. Low-interest fixed rate loans. (If a mitigation system does not meet the minimum loan requirement, it can easily be paired with other home improvements to further increase the affordability of your projects).

Check with the local city and county housing agencies, they may have funds available for low interest loans or grants for home improvements.

Updated Friday, January 26, 2018 at 02:21PM