Renovate, Repair, and Paint Rulemaking
Proposed New Rules Governing Lead Renovation, Repair, and Paint
The Minnesota Department of Health requests comments on its possible new rules governing lead renovation, repair, and paint (RRP) in pre-1978 residences and child-occupied facilities. These new rules would allow Minnesota to become a state authorized by the federal government to administer Environmental Protection Agency regulations. Consequently, the Department is considering rules that regulate and prescribe:
- Training requirements for personnel who perform renovation work,
- Training requirements for lead sampling technicians,
- Certification criteria for RRP companies,
- Identification of work methods and testing methods for lead paint,
- Education requirements for RRP professionals,
- Approval of RRP training courses and course providers,
- Pre-renovation education to property owners, and
- Other material requirements that may arise during the course of the rulemaking.
Rule Revision TimelineMDH anticipates proposing RRP rules in fall 2017.