Continuous Improvement Board
The Environmental Health Continuous Improvement Board (Board) was chartered by the Local Public Health Association (LPHA) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to fundamentally advance Minnesota’s state-local partnership in Environmental Health (EH). The Board will initially work on current Food, Pools and Lodging Services (FPLS) challenges and then work more broadly to monitor and advance state-local work in EH.
*Elements of the EHCIB’s vision
Dawn Beck, Olmsted County*
Jeff Brown, City of Edina
Daniel Disrud, Anoka County
Bill Groskreutz, Faribault County Commissioner
Tom Hogan, Minnesota Department of Health*
Jeff Luedeman, Minnesota Department of Agriculture
Sarah Reese, Polk County
Diane Thorson, Becker County (PartnerSHIP4Health)
John Tracy, Stearns County
John Weidner, Lake County
John Weinand, City of Minnetonka
NEW FPLS Annual Performance Measures Reporting is OPEN
The FPLS Annual Performance Measures were developed to provide a picture of FPLS across MN. They were developed in collaboration – local programs, MDH, and MDA all worked together to develop these annual performance measures. They will be used to assess statewide performance and identify opportunities for statewide improvement.
Annual reporting will be open through the month of April 2017 for reporting on 2016 calendar year data. FPLS program managers will receive email communication about annual reporting.
A recording of the instructions webinar is available below:
Webinar: What you need to Know for Reporting
Note: A transcript is available under the "Notes" tab within this presentation.
The FPLS Annual Performance Measures reporting instructions are available below. Please review them carefully. Contact Becky Buhler, MDH Center for Public Health Practice, with any questions.
- Instructions for Reporting in 2017, FPLS Statewide Annual Performance Measures (PDF)
- Risk Factor Tool and Violations Count Speadsheet (Excel)
- Frequently Asked Questions: FPLS Annual Performance Measure Reporting (PDF)
FPLS Program Re-evaluation Process and Feedback
In response to wide-spread concern and frustration, the Environmental Health Continuous Improvement Board developed and adopted the following re-evaluation process document:
Programs that participated in the FPLS program re-evaluation process provided feedback about the process through interviews conducted by MDH Public Health Practice Section staff. The following is a summary of their feedback:
FPLS Program Evaluation Workgroup
The EHCIB is committed to improving the FPLS program evaluation process. The following is the approved charter for and membership of the workgroup charged with developing the metrics and tools to support the new FPLS program evaluation process.
FPLS Program Evaluation Workgroup Meeting Information
Upcoming meetingsPast meetings
- To be determined
July 2016 Notes (PDF) September 2016 Notes (PDF) October 2016 Notes (PDF) February 2017 Notes (PDF)
Statement of Support
The Environmental Continuous Improvement Board issued the following Statement of Support outlining their commitment to Minnesota’s state-local environmental health partnership.
These meetings will occur from 9 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. at Minnesota Counties Intergovernmental Trust in St. Paul. All are welcome to attend:
- May 3, 2017
- July 12, 2017
- September 13, 2017
- November 8, 2017
March 8, 2017
January 11, 2017
- The January meeting is being held from 8:30-10:30 a.m. via WebEx.
Join the EHCIB WebEx Meeting
- January 2017 Agenda (PDF)
- January 2017 Summary (PDF)
November 9, 2016
September 14, 2016
July 13, 2016
May 11, 2016
March 9, 2016
January 27, 2016
- January 2016 Agenda (PDF)
- January 2016 Take-Home Points (PDF)
- January 2016 Approved Meeting Summary (PDF)
Older meeting documents are available upon request by calling 651-201-4571 or sending an email to: email@example.com
- EHCIB Background - Previous groups that have met over time (PDF) Environmental Health Timeline since 1980
- 1980 Report: Final Report of the Environmental Health Policy Study Advisory Committee (PDF)
- 1993 SCHSAC Report: Strengthening Public Health Leadership in Environmental Health (PDF)
- 1999 SCHSAC Report: A Partnership for Public Health: What Does it Mean? (PDF)
- 2002 SCHSAC Report: Strengthening Environmental Health in Minnesota (PDF)