Rapid Inspection Support Center
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the minimum system requirements for the MDH inspection system?
- Will the MDH inspection system work with my existing establishment database?
- How many local health agencies with delegation agreements are using the MDH inspection system?
- How much does the MDH inspection system cost?
- Who do I contact to acquire a user license?
- How can I get technical support for the MDH inspection system?
- How will I be notified of software upgrades?
- Where do I get software upgrades or patches?
- Is it possible for health agencies outside of Minnesota to use the software?
- How much does support for the software cost?
- Windows™ 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Tablet, 32 and 64 bit Vista (all versions), Windows 7 - 32 bit and 64 bit
- 1.4 Ghz single core, dual core, or higher processor (Intel or AMD chipset)
- 512 megs RAM
- 5 gigabytes of free hard drive space (depending on database size)
- Internet connectivity (for specific functions)
- Screen/monitor capable of 1024 x 768 resolution
- Microsoft™ mouse or compatible pointing device
No. All establishment information must be hand entered in the inspection system database for the system to work properly. Several automated tools are built into the Inspection System to speed up the data entering process.
Rapid Inspection is provided at NO cost to a delegated public health agency. A license agreement must be completed by the agency before installing the software.
As a member of the user community, you will be notified via email of upgrades or technical information. You must be a licensed user to receive upgrade notification.
Click here for the downloads web site.
Not at this time. In the near future, we may develop an open software solution with user defined business rules which would give non-Minnesota agencies the ability to customize the software to fit their needs.