Knowledge Management Project (EHKMP) 2005 - 2010
Since the Environmental Health Knowledge Management Project (EHKMP) began, information about the project has been shared via the following presentations:
- September 2009 - "The EHKMP - A Collaborative Effort to Improve the Collection and Sharing of Environmental Health Information in Minnesota" (PDF:1,147KB/40 pages) was the title of the presentation given by Jennifer Miller (EHKMP Project Manager, MDH) during the 2009 National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) Region 4 Conference.
- October 2008 - "The EHKMP - A Collaborative Effort to Improve the Collection and Sharing of Environmental Health Information in Minnesota" (PDF:482KB/23 pages) was the title of the presentation given by John Stine during a Connections Symposium that was held in Minneapolis. Connections is a community of practice initiative that is being led by the Public Health Informatics Institute; the initiative is aimed at sharing knowledge and best practices on integration of child health information systems.
- September 2008 - "Environmental Health Updates" (PDF:349KB/18 pages) presentation given by John Sine during a meeting of the Health & Human Services Policy Committee of the Association of Minnesota Counties (AMC).
- March 2008 - EHKMP Steering Committee member, Angie Wheeler (Washington County Public Health and Environment) and Jennifer Miller (EHKMP Project Manager, MDH) were presenters during the Metro Data Planners Meeting held on March 19, 2008 [See "Where are we now, and what comes next?" (PDF: 258KB/23 pages)].
- January 2008 - EHKMP update (PDF: 191KB/20 pages) given by John Stine at the 2008 Minnesota Environmental Health Association (MEHA) Annual Winter Conference.
- October 2007 - Communication tools including a handout and power point presentation have been developed to launch the implementation of the first Action Plan to result from the EHKMP.
September 2007 - EHKMP Steering Committee member Laura Scheinoha (Olmsted County Public Health), and Jennifer Miller (EHKMP Project Manager, MDH) gave a presentation during the 2007 Community Health Conference entitled "Apples to Apples: The Environmental Health Knowledge Management Project as a Data Sharing Model" (PDF: 259KB/23 pages). A version of the popular "Apples to Apples" game was used to demonstrate some of the challenges to information sharing that can occur when a common definition of data is not communicated.
July 2007 - The Environmental Health Knowledge Management Project (EHKMP) was showcased during a meeting of Common Ground Chronic Disease grantees. The "Environmental Health Knowledge Management Project - Common Ground Site Visit - July 23, 2007" presentation (PDF: 689KB/24 pages) and handout (PDF: 128KB/3 pages) highlighted the collaborative nature of the project, provided examples of tools that have been developed to identify data for sharing, and showcased the progress that has been made to date by partners working on the EHKMP.
September 2006 - John Stine, Director of the MDH, Environmental Health Division, was asked to talk about the EHKMP during the 2006 Community Health Conference. The presentation which John contributed to was entitled "From Data to Improved Practice: Transforming Public Health Through Health Informatics" (PDF: 642KB/41 pages).
May 2006 - An overview of the EHKMP was presented at the Minnesota Environmental Health Association’s 2006 Annual Spring Conference [See "The Environmental Health Knowledge Management Project ... What It's All About" (PDF: 489KB/33 pages)].