X-ray Limited Scope X-ray Operator &
Bone Density Equipment Operators Exams
Limited Scope X-ray Operator Exam
- As of January 1, 2015, the Limited Scope X-ray Operator/Bone Density Equipment Operators exam fee increased from $125 to $150.
- If a current application for the Radiologic Technologist (RT), Limited Scope or Bone Density Exams is pending, applicants cannot take any of the other exams until pending exam is passed and/or application is closed.
- Those who are not Licensed Practitioners of the Healing Arts who want to take x-rays on humans in Minnesota and are not already certified to do so, must pass the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) Limited Scope X-ray Operator Exam, as specified in Rule parts 4732.0570 to 4732.0585.
- Those who passed the Minnesota X-ray Operator Exam on or prior to Jan. 1, 2008 are grandfathered in and do not have to take this exam. If you need proof of certification, the MDH does not have a copy. Please contact your school, previous employer, or the appropriate test provider.
- Minnesota Radiology Schools (PDF: 53KB/3pages)
ARRT - American Registry of Radiological Technologists
1255 Northland Drive
St. Paul, Minnesota 55120-1155
- Pearson VUE Test Locations
- Testing Accommodations guidelines (PDF: 60KB/3pages)
- Testing Accommodations form (PDF: 148KB/1page)
Limited Scope Exam - The limited scope exam is made up of a core and the following positioning modules: chest, skull/sinus, spine, extremities and podiatry. Total questions, 210. Limited Scope Exam Handbook.
Bone Density Exam - The bone density limited scope exam is made up of a core and the following position modules: finger, heel, forearm, lumbar spine and proximal femur. Total questions, 60. Bone Density Exam Handbook.
Go to > top
|Limited Scope X-ray Course Online||
Oct 5 to Nov 13
Jan 4 to Feb 12
|Dakota Cty Tech College Rosemount||Gene Frank
|Limited Scope X-ray Course||
Sept 28 to Dec 7
|Anoka Technical College||Laura Cleveland
Anoka Technical College
|Limited Scope X-ray Course||Contact for upcoming classes||Century College
White Bear Lake
|Limited Scope X-ray Course||Online
Contact for upcoming classes
|Radiology Education Online (REO)||Ann Watson
Radiology Education Online www.resxrn.com
|Limited Radiography Program for the Chiropractic Assistant||Online
|Northwestern Health Sciences University||
|Limited Scope X-ray Operator Program||Contact for upcoming classes||Pine Technical College|
|Limited Scope Operators Prep Course||Contact to schedule dates||Onsite at your facility||
|X-ray Operator Course||Contact for upcoming classes||Contact for locations||Pat Raths
|Environmental Training: X-ray Core Training||80 hour course||Univ of North Dakota||701-777-0384
University of North Dakota
|Basic X-Ray Techniques||104 hour course, Offered yearly in Sept and March||RiverStone Health,
North Dakota Operator’s exams: In order to be certified as a North Dakota Operator, these courses must be passed, the test given at the end of the course must be passed and a three-month clinical competency period is required. The three-month clinical competency cannot be done in Minnesota.
Go to > top
Home Study Courses
|Course||Contact Information||Course Information|
|Radiological Educational Services||800-966-0452|
|Radiographic Operations Consulting||800-929-8709|
|Glacier Valley Medical Education||360-327-3224|
|The X-ray Lady||502-425-0651||X-ray Lady
Basic Radiography for X-ray Operators, Copyright Unpublished Work © Patricia M. Raths, Adjunct Instructor at Argosy University
Bone Densitometry for Technologists, by Sydney Bonnick
Principles of Bone Densitometry: A Study Guide for the ARRT Bone Densitometry Certification Exam, by Jean M. Fisher and Donna H. Smith
Patient Care in Radiology
Patient Care in Radiography, by Ruth Ann Ehrlich, Ellen Doble McCloskey, and Joan A. Daly
Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning, by Eugene D. Frank, Bruce W. Long, and Barbara J. Smith
Bontrager's Pocket Atlas-Handbook of Radiographic Positioning and Techniques, by Kenneth L. Bontrager
Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography
Principles of Radiographic Imaging, by Richard R. Carlton and Arlene McKenna Adler
Radiographic Imaging & Exposure, by Terri L. Fauber
Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography, by Mary Alice Statkiewicz-Sherer
X-ray Machine Operator Course textbooks
Radiography Essentials for Limited Practice, by Eugene D. Frank et al
Workbook for Radiography Essentials for Limited Practice, by Eugene D. Frank et al
Go to > top
For questions, comments or feedback regarding the MDH X-ray Program, please email email@example.com or call 651.201.4545.