Health Risk Limits Rules for Groundwater
2016/2018 Amendments - Schedule
An outline of the 2016/2018 rule amendment process timeline is available below. The schedule is subject to change.
Preliminary work, general comment request
- Time frame: Spring and Summer 2016
- Notes: The public and stakeholders were notified about possible HRL amendments under consideration. Sign up for notices by clicking on the "Get Email Updates" button to the right above.
Request for Comments
- Date published: August 1, 2016
- Notes: MDH published a Request for Comments on Possible Amendments to Rules Governing Health Risk Limits (PDF), in the August 1, 2016 issue Minnesota State Register. The public and stakeholders are encouraged to submit comments about the amendments under consideration.
- Held on: September 15, 2016
- Notes: A public meeting was held about the proposed Health Risk Limits (HRL) Rules Amendments. Additional details are available at Public Input: How to Comment.
Statement of Need and Reasonableness (SONAR) and Proposed Amendments available
- Anticipated time: Fall 2017
- Notes: Two documents, the SONAR and draft proposed amendments, will be available for review.
Reviews by the Governor's Office and the Office of Administrative Hearings.
- Anticipated time: Fall 2017 and Winter 2018
- Notes: Both the Governor's Office and the Office of Administrative Hearings review the proposed rules and SONAR.
Notice of Intent to Adopt Rules
- Anticipated time range: Winter 2018
- Notes: A Notice of Intent to Adopt Rules will be published in the Minnesota State Register. The second comment period will begin at this time and be open for 30 days. A hearing may be requested at this time.
Office of Administrative Hearing Review
- Anticipated time range: Spring 2018
- Notes: An Administrative Law Judge will review the proposed rules and other rule documents. If more than 25 requests for hearings were received about the proposed rules, a hearing will be held.
Adoption of Rules
- Anticipated time range: Spring or Summer 2018
- Notes: If the proposed rule amendments are approved, the final steps to adopt the amendments will be completed. A Notice of Adoption will be published in the Minnesota State Register.