Central District Water Operators School
Conducted by the Minnesota Section American Water Works Association in conjunction with the Minnesota Department of Health
June 10-12, 2015 (Wednesday-Friday)
Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center
2100 Arrowwood Lane
Alexandria, Minnesota 56308
16 credit hours for attendance
- Fee: $75 if staying at Arrowwood ($85 after May 26); $150 if not staying at Arrowwood ($160 after May 26).
- One-day prices: $60 for Wednesday and/or Thursday; $40 for Friday.
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Store
- Optional - print form, fill out, and send in:
Registration Form for Water Operator Schools
Jeanette Boothe: email@example.com or 651-201-4697.
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:
In 2016, the Central District will hold a joint school with the Northwest District from June 22-24 at Arrowwood Resort.
Agenda for 2015 Training
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 10
- Wednesday sessions begin at 8:45 a.m.
- Thursday sessions begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Friday sessions begin at 8:00 a.m.
Note: In place of the other sessions, an all-day exam prep will be held on Thursday.
Utilities are invited to bring a gallon of their water (room temperature) for the Best of Glass competition, which will be held on Wednesday.
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
- Local Historical Topic
- Towers – Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
- Chemical Safety
- Cross Connection Control Program
- What’s in Your Pint? The Importance of Water Quality in Your Favorite Beverage – Scott Schaefer, AE2S
Thursday, May 14, 2015
- Wells: It's about Slime – Dwayne Heinen, City of Little Falls
- Feasibility Study for White Bear Lake
- MDH Goes Viral – Lih-in Rezania, Minnesota Department of Health
- Legislative Issues
- Water for People
Central District Business Meeting during Lunch
- 20 Questions – Mark Sloan, Minnesota Department of Health
- Meter Madness and Hydrant Hysteria
- Operator Interface
Awards Dinner and Activities
Friday, May 15, 2015
- New Plant Startups, including Paynesville Goes to Rehab – Ryan Kotta, Bolton & Menk, and Ron Mergen, City of Paynesville
- Minnesota Department of Health Update – David Rindal, MDH
- Closing Remarks
- Certification Exams
Go to > top.