Central District Water Operators School
Conducted by the Minnesota Section American Water Works Association in conjunction with the Minnesota Department of Health
June 22-24, 2016 (Wednesday-Friday)
Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center
2100 Arrowwood Lane
Alexandria, Minnesota 56308
16 credit hours for attendance
- Fee: $75 if staying at Arrowwood ($85 after June 7); $150 if not staying at Arrowwood ($160 after June 7).
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Store
- Optional - print form, fill out, and send in:
Registration Form for Water Operator Schools
Jeanette Boothe: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-4697.
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:
The Central District will also hold a one-day school at St. John's University in Collegeville, Wednesday, October 21.
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 22
- Wednesday sessions begin at 8:45 a.m.
- Thursday sessions begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Friday sessions begin at 8:00 a.m.
Wednesday, June 22. 2016
- Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Water Supply Plans
- Drones and Towers – Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
- Operations Works – Jason Sanden, AE2S
- Transition to the New Uniform Plumbing Code – Cathy Tran, Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
- Valves and Distribution
- Chemical Feeds/Phosphate Addition – Joe Schmidt, Hawkins Inc.
- Unidirectional Flushing – Jeff Campbell and John Aide, Eden Prairie
Thursday, June 23, 2016
An exam prep will be held all day Thursday, conducted by John Thom..
- Close the Gap: Security and Emergency Response – Jon Groethe, Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
- Watermain Leak Locator – Tony Schrantz, Water Conservation Services
- Lead and Copper – Anna Schliep, MDH
- Meter Sizing – Kirk Peterson, HD Supply
- Water for People
Central District Business Meeting prior to lunch
- 20 Questions
- Hydrant Hysteria
- Operator Networking
Awards Dinner and Activities
Friday, June 24, 2016
- Effective Customer Communication – Stew Thornley, MDH
- Ortonville Plate Settlers – John Thom, SEH, Inc.
- Benefits of Tank Mixing – Michael Christensen, SolarBee
- More MDH Revelations – David Rindal, MDH
- Closing Remarks
- Certification Exams
Go to > top.