Metro District Water Operator SchoolConducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
Next Metro District School
March 31 to April 2, 2015 (Tuesday to Thursday)
Ramada Mall of America Hotel
(formerly the Thunderbird)
2300 American Boulevard East
Bloomington, Minnesota 55425
- 16 credit hours for attendance
- Opening speaker (March 31):
Meteorologist Paul Douglas
- Featured speaker (April 2 breakfast):
Michael Monroe Kiefer of Powermind Training
- Fee: $175
($210 after March 16, 2015)
- Agenda for 2015 Training
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Store
- Optional - print form, fill out, and send in:
Registration Form for Water Operator Schools
Jeanette Boothe: email@example.com or 651-201-4697.
- Held Wednesday morning.
- Sign up on Tuesday morning during registration.
- Some tours are limited.
(Example: Target Field Water Treatment tour is limited to 40)
- Sign-ups are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The person signing up must be present.
(Cannot sign up people who aren't there yet.)
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:
Hold the Date - 2016 Metro District School
April 5 to April 7, 2016 (Tuesday to Thursday)
Ramada Plaza in Minneapolis
Agenda for 2015 Training
(Note: Some of the topics for concurrent sessions are still tentative.)
- Registration begins at 6:45 a.m. on March 31
- Tuesday sessions begin at 8:15 a.m.
- Wednesday breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Thursday vendor exposition begins at 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, March 31, 2015Morning Session
- Impacts of Climate Change – Meteorologist Paul Douglas
- Water in Nicaragua – Ben Finnegan, CH2M Hill
- Water for People – Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
- Locating Process
- Locating – Jeff Dale, Minnesota Rural Water Association (MRWA)
- Right of Way – Mark Ray, City of Golden Valley
- Trenching and Confined Space Entry – OSHA
Water Treatment Plants
- 3-D Modeling – Steve Seibert, AE2S
- Cross Connections in Water Treatment Plants – Brian Noma, Minnesota Department of Health
- Iron and Manganese in Water Treatment Plants: Evaluation and Optimization
Wednesday, April 1, 2015Morning Sessions
- Frozen Services - Golden Valley and Gregg Randahl, Bloomington
- Exam Prep - Class A and B training: John Thom, SEH, Inc., and George Kraynick, Minneapolis Water Works; Class C and D training: Jeff Dale and Kyle Kedrowski, Minnesota Rural Water Association
- Target Field Water Treatment
- Aquifer Storage and Recovery in Albertville
- Burnsville and Apple Valley Water Treatment Plants
- Corrosion - Jim Dooley
- Watermain Lining - Mitch Hoeft, City of Golden Valley
- Modeling - AE2S and City of Eden Prairie
- Towers - Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
SCADA – Scott Bredehoft, Wonderware Midwest
- Emergency vs. Peak – Xcel Energy
Thursday, April 2, 2014Breakfast
Maintaining Positive Workplace Attitudes with People Reading Skills - Michael Monroe Kiefer
- Exhibitor and Product Fair with Mini-sessions
- Meter Madness Competition
- Certification Exams at 12:30
Go to > top