Metro District Water Operator SchoolConducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
Monday, April 4, 2016
In advance of the Metro District School, Minnesota American Water Works Association (AWWA) and the Minnesota Department of Health will hold an all-day Advanced Treatment Technologies Workshop at the Ramada Plaza in Minneapolis on Monday, April 4. The training is geared toward operators in lime-softening plants and will also be useful for those preparing for the Class A or B exams. Topics for the workshop are lime softening, coagulation/flocculation, treatment plant instrumentation, chlorine safety, advanced treatment technology pilot studies, and sanitary surveys of treatment plants. Participants will receive six credit hours. The workshop is $60 ($70 after March 21).
April 5 to April 7 (Tuesday to Thursday)
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
1330 Industrial Boulevard NE
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55413
- 16 credit hours for attendance
- Featured speaker (April 6 breakfast):
- Fee: $175
($210 after March 21, 2015)
- Agenda for 2016 Training
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Store
- Optional - print form, fill out, and send in:
Registration Form for Water Operator Schools
Jeanette Boothe: email@example.com or 651-201-4697.
- Held Wednesday morning.
- Sign up on Tuesday morning during registration.
- Some tours are limited.
(Example: Target Field Water Treatment tour is limited to 40)
- Sign-ups are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The person signing up must be present.
(Cannot sign up people who aren't there yet.)
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:
Agenda for 2016 Training
Registration begins at 6:45 a.m. on April 5
- Tuesday sessions begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Wednesday breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Thursday vsession begins at 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, April 5, 2016Morning Session
- Water Reuse – Bryan Bear, City of Hugo
- Succession Planning – Rick Wahlen and Stephanie Dustrud, City of Eden Prairie
- Workflow Process – John Mazzitello, City of Mendota Heights
- Towers and Drones – Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
- Slip Lining of Water Mains – Brian Simmons, Bolton & Menk
- Prestressed Concrete Cylinder Pipe Condition Assessment
- Cross Connection Hazards and Best Practices – Gary McLaren, HydroCorp
orSource Water Session
- Sustainability – Chad Peterson, SafeAssure
- 3-D Modeling for Treatment Plants – Jason Moeckel, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Contaminants – Ginny Yingling, Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
- Source Water Aquifer Visualization – John Dustman, Summit Envirosolutions
- Closing the Gap (Security) – Jon Groethe, MDH
Wednesday, April 6, 2016Morning Sessions
- Breakfast with Featured Speaker Ron Schara
- Exam Prep - Class A and B training: George Kraynick, Minneapolis Water Works; Class C and D training: Jeff Dale and Kyle Kedrowski, Minnesota Rural Water Association
- Target Field Water Treatment
- University of Minnesota St. Anthony Falls Hydraulic Lab
- Minneapolis Water Treatment Plant
- Constructing the Light Rail in St. Paul
- Planning the Construction of the Southwest Light Rail System
- Light Rail and the Met Council
orSource Water Session
- Impact of Nitrates on Groundwater – Chris Voeltz, City of St. Peter, and Kris Swanson, Bolton & Menk
- Nitrate Mapping – Rich Soule, MDH
Thursday, April 7, 2016Gimmicks and Gadgets Michael Monroe Kiefer
- Exhibitor and Product Fair with Mini-sessions
- Certification Exams at 12:30
Go to > top