Metro District Water Operator SchoolConducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
April 3 to April 5 (Monday to Wednesday)
Earle Brown Heritage Center
6155 Earle Brown Drive
Brooklyn Center, Minnesota 55430
- 16 credit hours for attendance
Note: In addition to the three-day school April 3-5, the Metro District will conduct a Professional Operator Development training session on March 24 at the Bloomington Public Works building. The session is also designed as an exam prep for those taking exams for the A and B licenses.
In addition, the district is conducting a Granular Media Filtration Workshop, also at the Bloomington Public Works building, on April 6. This workshop is limited to 25 people.
Registration Details for Metro School
- Fee: $225
($275 after March 17, 2017)
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Community Calendar
- Optional - print form, fill out, and send in:
Registration Form for Water Operator Schools
Jeanette Boothe: email@example.com or 651-201-4697.
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:
Noel Hansen: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-4690
Agenda for 2017 Training
Registration begins at 6:45 a.m. on April 3
- Tuesday sessions begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Wednesday breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Thursday session begins at 8:30 a.m.
Monday, April 3, 2017Morning Session
- Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Rule – Todd Johnson, Minnesota Department of Health
- The Leadership Connection – Erik Therwanger, Think Great
- New Brighton Water – Barr Engineering and Scott Boller, City of New Brighton
System Business Solutions Session
- Security Forensics – Mark Lanterman, Computer Forensic Services
- SCADA Systems Explained – Anthony Pittman, AE2S
- Disinfection – George Kraynick, City of Minneapolis
Tuesday, April 4, 2017Morning Sessions
- Breakfast with Featured Speaker Jamie Verbrugge, Voice of the Gophers and Bloomington City Manager
- Exam Prep (morning and afternoon) - Jeff Dale and Kyle Kedrowski, Minnesota Rural Water Association
- St. Paul Tunnels
- Minneapolis Water Treatment Plant
- How Water Main Corrosion Occurs, How Energy Utilities Corrode Water Mains, and What We Can Do About It – Ryan Swor, Lake Superior Consulting
- Gimmicks & Gadgets
orSuccession Planning Session
Wednesday, April 5, 2017Gimmicks and Gadgets Michael Monroe Kiefer
- Exhibitor and Product Fair with Mini-sessions
- Gimmicks & Gadgets
- Certification Exams at 12:30
Go to > top