Northeast District Water Operators School
Conducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
May 10-12, 2017 (Wednesday-Friday)
Superior Shores Resort, Two Harbors
Superior Shores is holding a block of rooms, ranging from $59 for a lodge room, $89 for a king lodge room, and $129 for a suite, until April 10. Call 218-834-5671 and mention AWWA to reserve a guest room. (Superior Shores normally charges a one-night deposit when the reservation is made. However, the resort has agreed to waive the deposit for this event. It will take your credit-card information to hold the room but will not put any charges on it until your stay.)
- 16 credit hours for attendance
- Fee: $135
($145 after April 25, 2017)
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Community Calendar
Jeanette Boothe: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-4697.
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:
Agenda for 2017 Training
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on May 10
- Wednesday sessions begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday sessions/tour begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday sessions begin at 7:45 a.m.
Note: In place of the other sessions, an all-day exam prep will be held on Wednesday.
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Welcome from Two Harbors Mayor Chris Swanson
Water for People – Corey Lubovich, City of Hibbing
Dealing with the Public – Stew Thornley, Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
MDH Update – Stew Thornley, David Rindal, Bonnie Shafer, Simon “Moose” McCormack
20 Questions – Mark Proulx, City of DuluthAfternoon Session
Corrosion Control – Corrosion Joe Gerard, City of Duluth
Filters and Media Layers – John Berrigan, TKDA
Towers – Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
Thursday, May 11, 2017
- Tour of Castle Danger Brewery and Two Harbors Water and Wastewater Plants
- Vendor Show with competitions: TopOps, Taste Test
- Operator Interface (hosted by Kevin Huson of Quality Flow Systems)
Friday, May 12, 2017
Northeast District Business Meeting – Election of Vice Chair
Lead and Copper Rule Long-term Revisions and Corrosion Control Treatment – Anna Schliep and Lih-in Rezania, Minnesota Department of Health
Arc Flash – Nick Capra, Dy-Max Engineering
Water for People Drawing
- Certification Exams
Go to > top.