Northeast District Water Operators School
Conducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
May 13-15, 2015 (Wednesday-Friday)
Grand Lodge Ely
400 North Pioneer Road
Ely, Minnesota 55731
For guest room reservations, go to Grand Lodge Ely, enter in the dates and click "Click Availablity." In the "Group ID" field, enter 151710.
- 16 credit hours for attendance
- Opening speaker:
Dave Brown on water in Malawi
- Fee: $135
($145 after April 30, 2015)
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Store
- Optional - print form, fill out, and send in:
Registration Form for Water Operator Schools
Jeanette Boothe: email@example.com or 651-201-4697.
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:
Agenda for 2015 Training
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on May 13
- Wednesday breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Thursday sessions begin at 7:45 a.m.
- Friday sessions begin at 8:00 a.m.
Note: In place of the other sessions, an all-day exam prep will be held on Wednesday.
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
- Welcome from Ely Mayor Chuck Novak
- Water for People – Corey Lubovich, City of Hibbing
- Water in Malawi – Dave Brown, Progressive Consulting Engineers
- 20 Questions – Mark Proulx, City of Duluth
- Minnesota Department of Health Update – David Rindal, Bonnie Shafer, and others from the Department of Health
- John Gilbert, hockey author
- Tower Freeze Ups and Remote Operated Vehicle– Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
Thursday, May 14, 2015
- Hand's on training for pump maintenance
- Vendor Show with competitions
- Operator Interface
Friday, May 15, 2015
- Northeast District Business Meeting – Election of Vice Chair
- Water for People Drawing
- Roundtable: Freeze Ups, Ductile Iron vs. HDPE
- Watershed Issues – Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Certification Exams
Go to > top
Go to > top.