Northeast District Water Operators School
Conducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
May 11-13, 2016 (Wednesday-Friday)
Superior Shores Resort, Two Harbors
Superior Shores is holding a block of rooms, ranging from $69 (nice) to $129, until April 11. Call 218-834-5671 and mention AWWA to reserve a guest room.
- 16 credit hours for attendance
- Featured speaker:
Reflections: Steve Kleist
- Fee: $135
($145 after April 26, 2016)
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Community Calendar
- Optional - print form, fill out, and send in:
Registration Form for Water Operator Schools
Jeanette Boothe: email@example.com or 651-201-4697.
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:
Agenda for 2016 Training
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on May 11
- Wednesday sessions begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday sessions/tour begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Friday sessions begin at 7:45 a.m.
Note: In place of the other sessions, an all-day exam prep will be held on Wednesday.
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
- Welcome from Two Harbors Mayor
- Water for People – Corey Lubovich, City of Hibbing
- Water in Afrlica – Ike Bradlich, Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
- 20 Questions – Mark Proulx, City of Duluth
- Closing the Gap (Security) – Jon Groethe, MDH
- Steve Kleist of the Dinosaur Club
- Towers and Drones – Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
Thursday, May 12, 2016
- Tour of Duluth Lakewood Treatment Plant and Pumphouse
- Vendor Show with competitions: Hydrant Hysteria and TopOps
- Operator Interface
Friday, May 13, 2016
- Northeast District Business Meeting – Election of Vice Chair
- Under the Water Table – Stew Thornley, MDH
- Flint, Michigan, Water Situation – Rick Wahlen, City of Eden Prairie, and Anna Schliep, Minnesota Department of Health
- Minnesota Department of Health Update – David Rindal, Anna Schliep, Bonnie Shafer, Lih-in Rezania, MDH
- Wellhead Protection, Part I: Modeling – Erik Tomlinson, Source Water Solutions
- Water for People Drawing
- Certification Exams
Go to > top.