Northwest District Water Operators School
Conducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
The next Northwest District School will be held October 27-29 at the Sanford Center, 1111 Event Center Drive Northeast, Bemidji, Minnesota 56601, 218-441-4000
More details will be posted when they are available.
- 16 credit hours for attendance
- Fee: $140 ($150 after October 12).
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Store
- Optional - print form, fill out, and send in:
Registration Form for Water Operator Schools
- Lodging is available at the adjacent Country Inn & Suites, which is holding a block of guest rooms at the special price of $109 plus tax per night. Call 218-441-4800 or 800-830-5222 and mention American Water Works Association or AWWA to get the special rate.
The certification exam will be at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, October 29.
Exam applications must be submitted 15 days prior to the test (October 14).
Download an exam application (PDF: 101KB/4pages)
The Northwest District is now planning to hold its three-day school in late October every year and alternate between Detroit Lakes and Bemidji. Schools in even-numbered years will be in Detroit Lakes, and schools in odd-numbered years will be in Bemidji.
Participants will receive 16 credit hours for their attendance.
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Exam Prep (all day)
Welcome from Mayor
Water for People - Chad Troitte, East Grand Forks Water & Light
Legislative Update -
Asset Management/Trenchless Water Main Replacement Alternatives - Paul Pasko, SEH, Inc.
Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Regulatory Update - David Rindal and Bonnie Shafer, MDH
Virus Study - Lih-in Rezania, MDH
Top of the Tower - Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
What's in Your Pint? The Importance of Water Quality in Your Favorite Beverage - Scott Schaefer, AE2S
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Operators Breakfast and Business Meeting
Speaker - Gary Barnard, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Fisheries
Product Show and TopOps
Hands-on Training at Bemidji Public Works Building, Water Taste Test
Thursday, October 29, 2015
Safety Issues - Joe Schmidt, Minnesota Municipal Utilities Association
Watermain Breaks Panel Discussion
20 Questions - Todd Johnson, MDH
Go to > top.