Northwest District Water Operators SchoolConducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
October 23 to October 25, 2018 (Tuesday to Thursday)
Holiday Inn Lakefront
1155 Highway 10 East
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota 56501
- 16 credit hours for attendance
A block of guest rooms at the Holiday Inn will be held until September 25 at a special rate of $94.99 plus tax for a standard room or $99.99 plus tax for a lake-view room (both types of rooms have two double beds). Call 218-847-2121 and mention American Water Works Association or use this link to register:
- Fee: $140
($150 after October 8, 2018)
Register on the Minnesota AWWA Community Calendar page
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-201-4690
More details and an agenda will be posted when they are available.
Agenda for 2018 Training
- Registration begins at 7:45 a.m. on October 24
- Tuesday sessions begins at 8:15 a.m.
- Wednesday sessions begin at 8:15 a.m.
- Thursday sessions begin at 8:30 a.m.
Note: In place of the other sessions, an all-day exam prep will be held on Tuesday, and a study session will be held on Wednesday.
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
- Welcome from Detroit Lakes Mayor Matt Brink
- Minnesota American Water Works Association (AWWA) Update/Section Conference Recap – Eric Volk, Chair, Minnesota AWWA
- Water in Haiti – Dale Snyder, Haiti Outreach
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Update – David Rindal and Bonnie Shafer, MDH
- Lead in Schools/Lead and Copper Rule/Corrosion Control Treatment – Anna Schliep, MDH
- A Critical Conversation about Backflow – Gary McLaren, HydroCorp
- Lab Equipment/Field Testing – Mike Savelli, Hach, Inc.
- TOP of the Tower – Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- Breakfast and Northeast District Business Meeting – Election of Vice Chair and Trustee with speaker Achintya Bezbaruah of North Dakota State University
- Vendor Show with competitions: Taste Test
- Tour of RMB Lab and SJE-Rhombus Pump Controls
Thursday, October 25, 2018
- Hydrants – Rick Myskewitz, American Flow Control
- GIS Asset Management – Jennifer Koenig, Minnesota Rural Water Association
- Phosphates – Dean Sletten, Moore Engineering
- 20 Questions – Todd Johnson, MDH
- Certification Exams