Northwest District Water Operators School
Conducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
October 25-27, 2016 (Tuesday-Thursday)
Holiday Inn on the Lake
1155 Highway 10 East
Detroit Lake, Minnesota 56501
16 credit hours for attendance
The Holiday Inn will hold a block of guest rooms until September 27 at a special rate ($94.99 plus tax per night for a lakeside room and $89.00 for a room overlooking the wellness area). Mention AWWA when making the reservation.
- Fee: $140 ($150 after October 10)
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Community Calendar
- Optional - print form, fill out, and send in:
Registration Form for Water Operator Schools
Jeanette Boothe: email@example.com or 651-201-4697.
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:
Noel Hansen: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-4690
- Registration begins at 7:45 a.m. on Tuesday, October 25
- Tuesday sessions begin at 8:15 a.m.
- Thursday sessions begin at 8:15 a.m.
- Friday sessions begin at 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, October 25, 2016
- American Water Works Association (AWWA) Update and Conference Recap/Water for People - Tony Belden, Chair, Minnesota AWWA
- Flint, Michigan - Rick Wahlen, City of Eden Prairie
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Update - Anna Schliep, David Rindal, and Bonnie Shafer, MDH
- Detroit Lakes Water Festival - Erin Ryding, Detroit Lakes
- GIS - Midland Services and City of Detroit Lakes
- Asset Management
An exam prep will be held all day Tuesday.
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
- Operator Breakfast and Business Meeting - Guest Speaker: Ann Dolence, Humor That Stress
- Water Supply/Aquifer Management Plan - Kris Knutson, Moorhead Public Service
- Chemical Feed - Minnesota Pump Works
- Vendor Show with Hands-on Sessions and Water Taste Test
Thursday, October 27, 2016
- Towers - Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
- Automated Meter Reading- Kirk Peterson, HD Supply
- Phosphates - Dean Sletten, Moore Engineering
- Utility Safety - Minnesota Municipal Utilities Association
Go to > top.