Northwest District Water Operators School
Conducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
The next Southwest District school:
- Tuesday, October 24 to Thursday, October 26, 2017
Sanford Center, Bemidji, Minnesota
A block of guest rooms at the adjacent Country Inn & Suites until September 23 at a special rate of $109 plus tax per night. Call 218-441-4800 and mention American Water Works Association.
- Fee: $140
($150 after October 9, 2017)
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Community Calendar
Jeanette Boothe: email@example.com or 651-201-4697.
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:
Agenda for 2017 Training
- Registration begins at 7:45 a.m. on October 24
- Tuesday sessions begins at 8:15 a.m.
- Wednesday sessions begin at 8:15 a.m.
- Thursday sessions begin at 8:30 a.m.
Note: In place of the other sessions, an all-day exam prep will be held on Tuesday, and a study session will be held on Wednesday.
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Welcome from Bemidji mayor Rita Albrecht
- Minnesota American Water Works Association (AWWA) Update/Section Conference Recap/Water for People – Dave Brown, Chair, Minnesota AWWA
- Water around the World
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Update – David Rindal and Bonnie Shafer, MDH
- Lead and Copper Rule Long-term Revisions and Corrosion Control Treatment – Lih-in Rezania and Anna Schliep, MDH
- Dealing with the Public – Stew Thornley, MDH
- Chemical Feed – Pete McPherson, Minnesota Pump Works
- TOP of the Tower – Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- Breakfast with speaker from Bemidi State University/Northeast District Business Meeting
- Vendor Show with competitions: TopOps, Taste Test
- Tour of Aircorps Aviation
Thursday, October 26, 2017
- Northeast District Business Meeting – Election of Vice Chair
- Security – Jon Groethe, MDH
- Ergonomics – Sanford Health
- 20 Questions – Todd Johnson, MDH
- Certification Exams