Southeast District Water Operators School
Conducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
March 13-15, 2019 (Wednesday-Friday)
Rochester Event Center
7333 Airport View Drive SW
Rochester, Minnesota 55902
- 16 credit hours for attendance
- Fee: $150 ($160 after February 26)
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Community Calendar
A block of guest rooms is being held at the AmericInn, next to the Rochester Event Center (7320 Airport View Drive SW, Rochester 55902). Call 507-536-7000 and mention American Water Works Association to get a special rate.
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:
Noel Hansen: email@example.com or 651-201-4690
- Registration begins at 7:45 a.m. on March 13
- Wednesday sessions begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Thursday sessions begin at 7:45 a.m.
- Friday sessions begin at 8:00 a.m.
Note: In place of the other sessions, an all-day exam prep will be held on Thursday.
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
- Breakfast with Guest Speaker Rod Volker
- Water Equation – Matt Rasmussen, City of Minneapolis
- Retirement Planning – Betsy Dalluge, Minnesota State Retirement System
- Stormwater Education
- Understanding Minnesota's Changing Climatology – Kenny Blumenfeld, State Climatology Office
- Vendor Show with competitions: Taste Test and Top Ops
- Operator Interface
Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Safety – Bob Cooke, Rochester Public Utilities
- Automatic Flushing, Pressure Monitoring, and Sampling Stations – Doug Kilanowski, Mueller Company
- How to Make Your Water Tower Last More than 100 Years – Mike Novitzki, KLM Engineering
- Minnesota Department of Health Update: Legionella, Lead and Copper, Sampling
- Minnesota Department of Transportation Safety
- Iron & Manganese Removal Treatment Processes and Optimization – Jake Pichelmann, Bolton & Menk, Inc.
- Hastings Boil Water Advisory – Nick Egger, City of Hastings
Friday, March 15, 2019
- Southeast District Business Meeting
- Asset Management – Rochester Public Utilities
- Water Treatment Hazards – Pete Kuzj, Minnesota Department of Labor & Industry
- Hand's On Sessions at Core and Main
- Certification Exams
Go to > top