Southeast District Water Operators School
Conducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
The Southeast District will hold its spring operators school at the Kahler Apache Hotel in Rochester March 9-11, 2016.
16 credit hours will be awarded for attendance.
Kahler Apache Hotel
(formerly the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center)
1517 16th Street SW
Rochester, Minnesota 55902
Phone: 800-552-7224 or 507-289-8866
Call for room reservations and mention Southeast Minnesota Water Works or AWWA to get the special rate of $96 plus tax per night. Call by February 9.
- Fee: $135
($145 after February 22, 2015)
- Register and pay on-line:
MN AWWA Store
- Optional - print form, fill out, and send in:
Registration Form for Water Operator Schools
Jeanette Boothe: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-4697.
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:
Agenda for 2016 Training
- Registration begins at 7:00 a.m. on March 11
- Wednesday breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Thursday sessions begin at 7:45 a.m.
- Friday sessions begin at 8:00 a.m.
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
- Water for People – James Hauth, City of Eagan
- Guest Speaker: Michael Monroe Keifer
- Groundwater Sustainabiilty – Todd Osweiler, Rochester Public Utilities
- Continued Evolution of the Trace Wire Specification and Locating Technologies – Joe Rubbelke, Minnesota Pump Works, and Jeff Dale, Minnesota Rural Water Association
- Vendor Show
- Water Taste Test, Hydrant Hoopla
- Operator Interface with Jeopardy
Thursday, March 10, 2016
- Exam Prep - Jeff Dale and Kyle Kedrowski, Minnesota Rural Water Association (morning and afternoon)
- Eradicating Turkey Vultures from Towers – Rochester Pubic Utilities
- Drones and Towers – Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
- Contaminant Coatings
- Smart Dosing Chemical Feed Technology – Joe Rubbelke, Minnesota Pump Works
- Closing the Gap – Jon Groethe, Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
- Cybersecurity – Rick Wahlen, City of Eden Prairie, and James Keltgen, Owatonna Public Utilities
- Utility Safety – Mark Hottle, Minnesota Municipal Utilities Association
Friday, March 11, 2016
- Southeast District Business Meeting – Election of Vice Chair
- Minnesota Department of Health Update – Bonnie Shafer and David Rindal, MDH
- Water Loss and Conservation – Corey Luft, HD Supply
- Offsite: Hand's On Sessions at Minnesota Pipe
- Certification Exams at Minnesota Department of Health
Go to > top