Dates for Upcoming Waterworks Certification Exams in Minnesota
Subscribe to the Water Operators Training Schedule. You will be notified by e-mail when this page changes (new classes, changes to existing classes).
Applications must be received by no later than 15 days prior to the exam. Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
(Click on the link for more information)
- November 18, 2014Clarks Grove, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application November 3)
- December 10, 2014Biwabik, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application November 25)
- March 5, 2015St. Cloud, 8:30 a.m. (deadline for exam application February 18)
- March 13, 2015Rochester, 9:00 a.m. (deadline for exam application February 26)
- April 2, 2015Bloomington, 12:30 p.m. (deadline for exam application March 18)
- May 6, 2015Spicer, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application April 21)
- May 15, 2015Ely, 9:00 a.m. (deadline for exam application April 28)
- June 24, 2015Wahkon, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application June 9)
- July 14, 2015Spring Grove, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application June 29)
- September 2, 2015Warren, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application August 18)
- September 9, 2015Zumbrota, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application August 25)
- October 29, 2015St. Cloud, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application October 14)
- November 17, 2015Clarks Grove, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application November 2)
- December 9, 2015Biwabik, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application November 24)
- April 7, 2016Minneapolis, 12:30 p.m. (deadline for exam application March 23)
- Minnesota AWWA Annual Conference
- American Water Works Association Webinars
- Minnesota Rural Water Association
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- AceOps Training in Northern Iowa
- Training at Anoka Technical College
- Midwest Assistance Program
- Hach Water & Wastewater Analysis Workshops
- Water Resources Conference
Exam applications must be postmarked at
least 15 days prior to the exam.
To be eligible to take a certification exam,
applicants must have hands-on operations experience at a drinking water system.
Unless otherwise noted, participants will receive 16 credit hours for attendance at a three-day school water operators school and 6 credit hours for a one-day school.
Contact Brian LeMon, 952-832-2774, for more information.
September 15-18, 2015Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.
The following dates are tentative:
September 20-23, 2016Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.
September 12-15, 2017Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.
September 18-21, 2018Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.
September 17-20, 2019Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.
September 22-25, 2020Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.
Webinars related to water are regularly presented by various organizations and will be listed here. Registration with some webinar sites will also result in automatic updates to the recipient.
University of Minnesota Water Resources Conference -
Training from Minnesota Rural Water Association (MRWA)
Participants will receive 16 contact hours for the three-day Technical Conference and 6 contact hours for the one-day schools. Contact Kyle Kedrowski at 800-367-6792 for more information.
November 18, 2014Financing Your Community Projects, St. Cloud
November 18, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Clarks Grove
December 3, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Waite Park
December 10, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Biwabik
January 7, 2015Effective and Sustainable Utility Management, Dodge Center
March 3-5, 2015Technical Conference, St. Cloud
April 8, 2015Safe Drinking Water Act Compliance Training, Elbow Lake
April 22, 2015Safe Drinking Water Act Compliance Training, Elk River
May 6, 2015Safe Drinking Water Act Compliance Training, Spicer
May 19, 2015Line Tracing, Grand Rapids
June 24, 2015Safe Drinking Water Act Compliance Training, Wahkon
July 14, 2015Safe Drinking Water Act Compliance Training, Spring Grove
July 29, 2015Line Tracing, Medina
August 18, 2015Safe Drinking Water Act Compliance Training, Pipestone
August 25, 2015Line Tracing, Burnsville
September 2, 2015Safe Drinking Water Act Compliance Training, Warren
September 9, 2015Safe Drinking Water Act Compliance Training, Zumbrota
September 23, 2015Operator Expo, Waconia
October 7, 2015Cross Connection and Backflow Prevention, Little Falls
October 8, 2015Cross Connection and Backflow Prevention, Mankato
October 27-29, 2015Certification Refresher and Exam, St. Cloud
November 4, 2015Financing Your Community Projects, St. Peter
November 17, 2015Safe Drinking Water Act Compliance Training, Clarks Grove
December 2, 2015Safe Drinking Water Act Compliance Training, Waite Park
December 9, 2015Safe Drinking Water Act Compliance Training, Biwabik
Specifically designed for nonmunicipal water systems and Class E operators, these classes are free for operators of any public water systems serving a population of fewer than 3,300.
November 25, 2014Mankato (Class E)
December 2, 2014Miltona (Class E)
Note: Class D workshops, provided by Minnesota Rural Water Association and designed for Class D operators at nonmunicipal and noncommunity nontransient systems, are eight hours. The morning session of these is the same as a stand-alone four-hour workshop for Class E operators; thus, Class E operators may attend either the stand-alone four-hour workshop or the morning session of the Class D workshop.
Training at Anoka Technical College
For more information, contact Kristin Benson at 763-576-4955.
Training by Midwest Assistance Program
For more information, contact Jason Gorr at 218-562-4322.
Midwest Assistance Program (MAP) has two free workshops intended for utility operators, staff, city council members, and clerks. Participants will receive 5 contact hours for each workshop.
Hach Technical Training Center - Water and Wastewater Analysis Workshops
For more information, contact 800-227-4224, extension 2344.
November 18, 2014Laboratory Skills for Water and Wastewater Operators, Moorhead
November 19, 2014Process Instrument Verification, Moorhead
November 20, 2014Simplified Methods for Nutrient Testing, Moorhead
University of Wisconsin - Madison
The University of Wisconsin, Madison Department of Engineering Professional Development offers multi-day courses for professionals, owners, and consultants interested in water and wastewater. For more information, contact Ned W. Paschke or call 800-462-0876 or 608-262-1299.
AceOps Training in Northern Iowa
AceOps, a national association for water and wastewater professionals, conducts training courses in Iowa. Courses in the northern part of Iowa will be listed here.
For more information, contact:
1810 Bel-Air Drive
Ames, Iowa 50010-5125
Go to > top.
The Office of Water Programs, California State University, Sacramento provides distance learning courses for persons interested in the operation and maintenance of drinking water and wastewater facilities.
Go to > top.