Dates for Upcoming Waterworks Certification Exams in Minnesota
Subscribe to the Water Operators Training Schedule. You will be notified by e-mail when this page changes (new classes, changes to existing classes).
Applications must be received by no later than 15 days prior to the exam. Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
(Click on the link for more information)
- June 19, 2013Wahkon, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application has passed)
- June 28, 2013Baxter, 9:00 a.m. (deadline for exam application has passed)
- July 9, 2013Spring Grove, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application June 24)
- August 22, 2013Pipestone, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application August 7)
- August 28, 2013Warren, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application August 13)
- September 25, 2013Zumbrota, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application September 10)
- October 9, 2013Fairmont, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application September 24)
- October 17, 2013St. Cloud, 8:30 a.m. (deadline for exam application October 2)
- October 18, 2013Owatonna, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application October 3)
- November 20, 2013Clarks Grove, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application November 5)
- December 5, 2013Bemidji, 9:00 a.m. (deadline for exam application November 20)
- December 11, 2013Biwabik, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application November 26)
- March 14, 2014Rochester, 9:00 a.m. (deadline for exam application February 27)
- April 3, 2014Minneapolis, 12:30 p.m. (deadline for exam application March 19)
- April 2, 2015Bloomington, 12:30 p.m. (deadline for exam application March 18)
- Minnesota AWWA Annual Conference
- American Water Works Association Webinars
- Minnesota Rural Water Association
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- AceOps Training in Northern Iowa
- Training at Anoka Technical College
Exam applications must be postmarked at
least 15 days prior to the exam.
To be eligible to take a certification exam,
applicants must have hands-on operations experience at a drinking water system.
Unless otherwise noted, participants will receive 16 credit hours for attendance at a three-day school water operators school and 6 credit hours for a one-day school.
June 26-28, 2013Central Water Operators School, Arrowwood Lodge at Brainerd Lakes, Baxter. Contact Bill Schluenz, 320-252-6822.. Registration form. (This school is being held in conjunction with the Minnesota Wastewater Operators Association.)
Contact Brian LeMon, 952-832-2774, for more information.
September 10-13, 2013Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.
September 9-12, 2014Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.
September 15-18, 2015Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.
Training from Minnesota Rural Water Association (MRWA)
Participants will receive 16 contact hours for the three-day Technical Conference and 6 contact hours for the one-day schools. Contact Kyle Kedrowski at 800-367-6792 for more information.
June 19, 2013Operation & Maintenance, Wahkon
July 9, 2013Operation & Maintenance, Spring Grove
July 17, 2013Line Tracing, Carlton
August 20, 2013Line Tracing, Burnsville
August 22, 2013Operation & Maintenance, Pipestone
August 28, 2013Operation & Maintenance, Warren
September 19, 2013Operator Expo, Waconia
September 25, 2013Operation & Maintenance, Zumbrota
October 15-17, 2013Certification Exam Refresher, St. Cloud
October 22, 2013Cross Connection and Backflow Prevention, Grand Rapids
October 23, 2013Cross Connection and Backflow Prevention, St. Cloud
October 24, 2013Cross Connection and Backflow Prevention, Owatonna
November 6, 2013Financing Community Projects, St. Cloud
November 20, 2013Operation & Maintenance, Clarks Grove
December 4, 2013Operation & Maintenance, Waite Park
December 11, 2013Operation & Maintenance, Biwabik
Go to > top.
Specifically designed for nonmunicipal water systems and Class E operators, these classes are free for operators of any public water systems serving a population of fewer than 3,300.
June 20, 2013St. Peter (Class E)
July 25, 2013Walker (Class E)
September 10, 2013Elbow Lake (Class D)
September 24, 2013Maple Grove (Class D)
October 3, 2013Detroit Lakes (Class D)
August 22, 2013Ridgeway (Class E)
October 9, 2013Two Harbors (Class E)
November 26, 2013Stanton (Class E)
December 12, 2013Cologne (Class E)
Note: Class D workshops, provided by Minnesota Rural Water Association and designed for Class D operators at nonmunicipal and noncommunity nontransient systems, are eight hours. The morning session of these is the same as a stand-alone four-hour workshop for Class E operators; thus, Class E operators may attend either the stand-alone four-hour workshop or the morning session of the Class D workshop.
Training at Anoka Technical College
For more information, contact Kristin Benson at 763-576-4955.
University of Wisconsin - Madison
The University of Wisconsin in Madison is developing a curriculum of two- and three-day courses for professionals, owners, and consultants interested in water and wastewater. For more information, contact Ned W. Paschke.
AceOps Training in Northern Iowa
AceOps, a national association for water and wastewater professionals, conducts training courses in Iowa. Courses in the northern part of Iowa will be listed here.
For more information, contact:
1810 Bel-Air Drive
Ames, Iowa 50010-5125
Go to > top.
The Office of Water Programs, California State University, Sacramento provides distance learning courses for persons interested in the operation and maintenance of drinking water and wastewater facilities.
Go to > top.