Dates for Upcoming Waterworks Certification Exams in Minnesota
Subscribe to the Water Operators Training Schedule. You will be notified by e-mail when this page changes (new classes, changes to existing classes).
Applications must be received by no later than 15 days prior to the exam. Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
(Click on the link for more information)
- March 6, 2014St. Cloud, 8:30 a.m. (deadline for exam application February 19)
- March 14, 2014Rochester, 9:00 a.m. (deadline for exam application February 27)
- April 3, 2014Minneapolis, 12:30 p.m. (deadline for exam application March 19)
- April 9, 2014Fairmont, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application March 25)
- May 16, 2014Ely, 9:00 a.m. (deadline for exam application May 1)
- June 26, 2014Wahkon, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application June 11)
- May 7, 2014Spicer, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application April 22)
- July 15, 2014Spring Grove, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application June 30)
- September 17, 2014Zumbrota, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application September 2)
- October 30, 2014Detroit Lakes, 9:00 a.m. (deadline for exam application October 15)
- October 30, 2014St. Cloud, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application October 15)
- November 18, 2014Clarks Grove, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application November 3)
- December 10, 2014Biwabik, 1:00 p.m. (deadline for exam application November 25)
- April 2, 2015Bloomington, 12:30 p.m. (deadline for exam application March 18)
- Minnesota AWWA Annual Conference
- Surface Water Treatment Workshop
- American Water Works Association Webinars
- Minnesota Rural Water Association
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- AceOps Training in Northern Iowa
- Training at Anoka Technical College
- Midwest Assistance Program
Exam applications must be postmarked at
least 15 days prior to the exam.
To be eligible to take a certification exam,
applicants must have hands-on operations experience at a drinking water system.
Unless otherwise noted, participants will receive 16 credit hours for attendance at a three-day school water operators school and 6 credit hours for a one-day school.
Contact Brian LeMon, 952-832-2774, for more information.
September 9-12, 2014Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.
September 15-18, 2015Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.
2014 Surface Water Treatment Workshop
April 29 to May 1, 2014, Holiday Inn, Fargo, North Dakota. For information about the call for papers, contact Jim Lennington, 701-221-8343. 2014 Surface Water Treatment Workshop Registration Form
Training from Minnesota Rural Water Association (MRWA)
Participants will receive 16 contact hours for the three-day Technical Conference and 6 contact hours for the one-day schools. Contact Kyle Kedrowski at 800-367-6792 for more information.
December 11, 2013Operation & Maintenance, Biwabik
January 8, 2014System Planning and Management, Pine Island
January 15, 2014System Planning and Management, Pine Island
February 5, 2014System Planning and Management, Virginia
March 4-6, 2014Technical Conference, St. Cloud
April 9, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Elbow Lake
April 23, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Elk River
May 7, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Spicer
June 26, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Wahkon
July 15, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Spring Grove
July 30, 2014Line Tracing, Watertown
August 13, 2014Line Tracing, Hugo
August 20, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Lake Benton
September 3, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Warren
September 17, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Zumbrota
September 24, 2014Operator Expo, Waconia
October 21, 2014Cross Connection and Backflow Prevention, Bemidji
October 22, 2014Cross Connection and Backflow Prevention, St. Peter
October 28-30, 2014Certification Refresher and Exam, St. Cloud
November 18, 2014Financing Your Community Projects, St. Cloud
November 18, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Clarks Grove
December 10, 2014Operation & Maintenance, Biwabik
Go to > top.
Specifically designed for nonmunicipal water systems and Class E operators, these classes are free for operators of any public water systems serving a population of fewer than 3,300.
December 12, 2013Cologne (Class E)
January 14, 2014Elk River (Class E)
March 5, 2014St. Cloud (Class E)
March 19, 2014Medina (Class E)
April 8, 2014Bemidji (Class D)
April 22, 2014North Branch (Class D)
May 13, 2014Willmar (Class E)
May 20, 2014Little Falls (Class E)
June 3, 2014Rochester (Class E)
Note: Class D workshops, provided by Minnesota Rural Water Association and designed for Class D operators at nonmunicipal and noncommunity nontransient systems, are eight hours. The morning session of these is the same as a stand-alone four-hour workshop for Class E operators; thus, Class E operators may attend either the stand-alone four-hour workshop or the morning session of the Class D workshop.
Training at Anoka Technical College
For more information, contact Kristin Benson at 763-576-4955.
Training by Midwest Assistance Program
For more information, contact Jason Gorr at 218-562-4322.
University of Wisconsin - Madison
The University of Wisconsin in Madison is developing a curriculum of two- and three-day courses for professionals, owners, and consultants interested in water and wastewater. For more information, contact Ned W. Paschke.
AceOps Training in Northern Iowa
AceOps, a national association for water and wastewater professionals, conducts training courses in Iowa. Courses in the northern part of Iowa will be listed here.
For more information, contact:
1810 Bel-Air Drive
Ames, Iowa 50010-5125
Go to > top.
The Office of Water Programs, California State University, Sacramento provides distance learning courses for persons interested in the operation and maintenance of drinking water and wastewater facilities.
Go to > top.